Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern Male Identity Crisis

Edward

Bartender
It is interesting that you mention that. My quip to women when they complain about men is that they are responsible for whatever is the "man image" of the time. Men will be whatever women want. They have to if they want to get near them etc.. :p Years ago women held men to a higher standard than they do now. Lower standards give us the confused guy who hears that he should be Alan Alda but he sees Steve McQueen walking away with the girl.:rolleyes:

I firmly believe that much of that has to do with low self esteem among women, in large part in stilled by a media which still values them on how they look at worst, or at best "look what she's achieved, not bad for a girl, eh?" platitudes.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Even if the gal is great for ya... some alone time to grow is invaluable for each of you. Just my 2cents.:)

Let me tell you, these are painful words of wisdom. It's difficult for some folks to endure "alone". And not to sound like an after school special, but as long as you're growing as a person, learning the ropes and figuring out exactly who you are and how you handle yourself, you will be golden. When the right lady, (or man for you ladies) comes along, you will be ready.

And even if the right one never comes by, you will be solid in yourself. Still golden.

amador

A-List Customer
I had an identity crisis once. I woke up and looked in the mirror and couldn't tell who was looking back. I checked my driver's licsense and I was somebody else. Panic ensued, 911 helped. Turned out that I hadn't taken my meds for a couple of days, all is well now.

(just kidding).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran