Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Montecristis on my crooked head!

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
But the camera is on the other side of town and my wife, all 4 foot 7 of her said that it looked straight from her viewpoint....hahaha...and I wear a 57 or 58 and the hats are 60s.

It will give you some idea of the height how it looks on a crooked head as compared to a normal hat on a crooked head.
crookedheadreg.jpg
crookedhead.jpg

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I agree with Andykev. The larger crown fits your face much better. However, the crown on the bottom picture is just a *bit* too tall, in my opinion. Perhaps a happy medium?

I do like how this one looks from the side.

finfino39-vi.jpg

Don't worry, it's on my webspace.

Fedora

Vendor
OK, I have not voiced my opinion on the crown height issue. Personally, I think the crown height on the Panama Indy to be a little too high. If you could end up with a 5 to 5 1/4 finished height on the sides, 4 3/4 to 5 on the front ,and 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 on the back, this would be perfect for a 7 1/4 hat size. Could you provide this? This was the reason I did not put an order in. The hat looks great otherwise. What was the brim width? A 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 would be perfect for me. Thanks for doing something for the Indy fans. You made an honest effort, but came up a bit short(or tall to be exact). regards, Fedora

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
We can try to do anything, but having the blocks made, though quite cheap here...they do add up. That is why I was asking for input...

I think we'll probably make two more models...one with 5 inch crown and one with 4.75 inch crown and see how they look.

The first emails and posts advised to make the crown at least 5.5 inches. Looks like we'll just aim smaller on the next two models.

What to do when the orders in process are delivered and the complaints roll in on the size!!!?????

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Crown size

I've gotten several emails regarding crown size.

Without looking back on my notes...the Indy crown here is roughly 5.75 to 6 inches high. The standard Montecristi is roughly 4.25 inches high.

I'll remind those that my wife is more than a foot shorter than me so she shoots up with the camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany