Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most impressive collections ...

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is fine company to be in. We're very fortunate to have found these treasures and thus charged with preserving/promoting history. A privilege, indeed.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
frussell said:
In my part of the Southern California desert we've been inundated with more moths than I've ever seen before. Do the pheromone traps or any other measure work consistently, or do I need to just keep them in boxes when not on my head? I swear they're getting in through my doggie door now! I've got a few more decent hats recently, including one from tonyb that rocks, and I'd surely like to avoid any damage. I would love to be able to keep more of them out where I can look at them, that's half the fun for me. Thanks, Frank

This will probably add to the dilemma but one lesson that was learned from Japanese beetle traps that used pheromones was not to set them up in your rose bed. The traps are intended to draw beetles and so people were winding up with full traps and a full rose bed of beetles.
Tom D.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Over the past couple of weeks I downsized my collection considerably. I sold off almost half of the hats I owned, with quite a few more on the list that will just have to go as well.
In the future I'll only keep the ones I really love to wear, so I think my collection will be down to around 10-14 when I'm through and done with the diet.
Of course I'll be going to buy new ones, but in doing so I'll follow some pretty strict rules from now on and buy only hats with very specific proportions and colors.

I really need to keep this thing at bay...it's so easy to get carried away with excitement... :eek: :rolleyes:

xwray

Familiar Face
Mario said:
SNIP
I really need to keep this thing at bay...it's so easy to get carried away with excitement...

I long ago concluded that most of the fun of any aquisition was in the pursuit whether hats, clothes, cars, guns, cameras, tools, you name it. The problem is as soon as you have whatever you were pursuing in your hands, a void appears in your gut and you're off on the next pursuit to fill that void...

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Gee, not that low profile I hope. ;) :p
Getting you to post pics =
7-erp-failure-analogies.jpg
:p

Zanzibarstar

One of the Regulars
Mario said:
I really need to keep this thing at bay...it's so easy to get carried away with excitement... :eek: :rolleyes:

Too true, Mario...too true. I'm struggling mightily with that myself. Now...what exactly are you selling?! I know you're my size!!!:D :D :D

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
tonyb said:
So where do you score these traps?

I rarely see moths of any kind inside this place. But, you know, just because I'm not seeing them doesn't mean they aren't there. People can have a well-established infestation of all sorts of pests without ever seeing them directly. Seeing evidence of them is another matter.

ordered mine through Amazon.com, out of desperation.

If you don't see them, you probably don't have them. Mine were drinking the lemon eucalyptus oil for cocktails, and playing catch with the cedar rings, so I ordered traps out of desperation - they seem to be working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot