Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mouse over image to zoom US Army M1948 Russet Combat Boots Size 9D: NOS-issued but unworn!

Juanito

One of the Regulars
One pair of genuine US Army issue M1948 Russet Combat boots, size 9D--issued but never worn or polished

Not much to be said here; boots are essentially new/NOS/unworn with some very minor storage wear. The soles show zero evidence of being worn, There is no dry rot or other issues. It would be very hard to upgrade from these. Size is 9D and the fit is closer to 9 1/2 D as I wear a perfect 9D size and these have room with a standard sock and fit perfectly with a heavy sock.

Unfortunately, they do not come with laces.

These were issued to Fredric H. Camphausen, serial # RA19477398. I have no history on the owner aside from a basic on-line search that would indicate that he was born in 1933, which would have put him at draft age in 1951, which coincides roughly with the manufacture date of the boots.

The nomenclature in the boot states the following:

9D 0614166
R. P. HAZZARD COMPANY
NEW YORK MAR 27, 1951
AGENCY DA 38 ZBO QM13600

$225, a bargain considering that you can't even buy a good reproduction of this boot for that price. Why have a repro when you can have the real thing? Shipping is a flat fixed fee of $17.90 for USPS Priority Mail, Large Flat-Rate box. International buyers pay exact shipping to your country.

Last edited:

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Great boots. Whenever I see an item with someone's name on it or a old photo/portrait, I always think how neat it would be to get that item back to the family of that person. I would love to have a pair of military boots with my grandfather's name in them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters