Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moustache Wax

Giftmacher

One Too Many
I'm going to try this one today.
IMG_0178.jpg

Stringmaster

One of the Regulars
I've tried a bunch and haven't found "the one". I didn't care for the texture or especially the scent of Bounder. I most recently tried Wild West Beards based on a shootout review and it's "ok"--kind of hard to get out of the tin (requires a lot of heating) and hold is medium. I like the texture and ease of use with Firehouse but the hold is so-so. Similar is Mr. Kings, which has my favorite scent. Cowboy Stache Wax is the only one I've tried that really holds through moisture, sweat, etc, but it is hard to wash out and can get clumpy--and I yank out more hairs using it. I've also tried glue sticks, pomade, and Got To Be Glued (that works pretty well). I think the bottom line is you have to find one that works for YOU as we all have unique stache hair!-my stache is white so I can't have anything with dye, and my hairs are pretty soft. Lately I've been using the Firehouse or Mr. Kings as more of a "training aid"--apply and blow dry--some days are good, others out of control lol. I can't really commit to twisting the ends as it's a bit radical for my job--only for occasional nights out--but it's always a balance/compromise of getting things trimmed up just right for a particular style. The "cookie duster" is probably my best option, but I'm not giving up on the handlebars!! Next to try is Can You Handlebar--they make a Primary and a Secondary--some guys use both! Good luck and check out this site--lots of product and reviews:
https://www.thestache.com/

Stringmaster

One of the Regulars

Stringmaster

One of the Regulars
Thread resurrection! I’m still searching for the right ‘stache wax—I think I’ve tried pretty much all of them it seems! My hair is pretty soft, and I sweat a fair amount, so I need a very strong hold. Also my moustache is white, so anything yellow or brownish doesn’t work. The “Cowboy Stache Wax” is perhaps the best I’ve found, but it’s hard to apply, gets clumpy pretty easily, plus I pull out a lot of hairs in the process—but it probably holds the best (and of course is hard to wash out). Any more suggestions?

Last edited:
The “Cowboy Stache Wax” is perhaps the best I’ve found, but it’s hard to apply, gets clumpy pretty easily, plus I pull out a lot of hairs in the process—but it probably holds the best (and of course is hard to wash out).
When I was using the Cowboy Stache Wax I would heat it in the tin with a blow dryer to soften it up to apply. It does pull a lot of hairs out & I had the best results in washing it out with something that would break it down better than soap...beard oil, then finish up with soap or shampoo.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thread resurrection! I’m still searching for the right ‘stache wax—I think I’ve tried pretty much all of them it seems! My hair is pretty soft, and I sweat a fair amount, so I need a very strong hold. Also my moustache is white, so anything yellow or brownish doesn’t work. The “Cowboy Stache Wax” is perhaps the best I’ve found, but it’s hard to apply, gets clumpy pretty easily, plus I pull out a lot of hairs in the process—but it probably holds the best (and of course is hard to wash out). Any more suggestions?

The ‘Bearded Goons’ wax is about the best I’ve found, a little gives a good hold and doesn’t get clumpy or sticky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto