Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie Directors Attire

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I've often thought of trying out the french directors look, beret, breeches, scarf and shirt, but I have yet to find the right clothes. Maybe not to go too parisian but just that silent picture director look. Anyone know of where to find each of the pieces? I have yet to find any photos, I'm quite sure there are, including Bugs Bunny.

Baggers

Practically Family
scotrace said:
Tha Patton boots????

None other.

I was ordering some stuff from him over the weekend and he informed me that he'd just gotten in a sample run, so he's shipping me a pair. There's a possibilty they might be a bit narrow for me, but I'll know for sure when they get here. I should have them Thursday.

I'm thinking my brown tweed jacket, an open collared shirt with ascot, my basque beret, a pair of sunglasses and a pipe. I'll use my director's chair and a script for props. Unfortunately, I won't have any lights or other movie paraphenalia to dress the set with until next month when I go to work on an upcoming project, but that would have all been modern stuff anyway (quartz lighting and some species of HD digicam, probably). Oh, for access to a soundstage, an old Berkley 10K or two and a 35mm Panaflex on a dolly!

Cheers!

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
BellyTank said:
Trade the Beret for an 8/4 cap and voila! the American movie director.
Like H Hughes, movie director- portrayed by L DiCaprio in 'The Aviator'.

B
T

Or this, just stay away from test flying.

sm_321_0192a.jpg

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Baggers said:
None other.

I was ordering some stuff from him over the weekend and he informed me that he'd just gotten in a sample run, so he's shipping me a pair. There's a possibilty they might be a bit narrow for me, but I'll know for sure when they get here. I should have them Thursday.

I'm thinking my brown tweed jacket, an open collared shirt with ascot, my basque beret, a pair of sunglasses and a pipe. I'll use my director's chair and a script for props. Unfortunately, I won't have any lights or other movie paraphenalia to dress the set with until next month when I go to work on an upcoming project, but that would have all been modern stuff anyway (quartz lighting and some species of HD digicam, probably). Oh, for access to a soundstage, an old Berkley 10K or two and a 35mm Panaflex on a dolly!

Cheers!

what do I want to BE the set for?! I want to be directing it!

Lionheart

One of the Regulars
Baggers said:
I'm thinking my brown tweed jacket, an open collared shirt with ascot, my basque beret, a pair of sunglasses and a pipe.
Cheers!

Bravo on the combo. That's a classic look!:eusa_clap

Naama

Practically Family
Don't get me wrong, I love highly stylized looks, and I would find it pretty cool, but I think theres just soemthing ironic about it lol

Naama

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran