Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

movie hats that inspired you...

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
That pic of Eastwood in the black fedora . . . wow. A hat like that in black would even look good on me -- and I look less like Clint, then or now, than anybody else I can think of.

That pic of Eastwood in the black fedora . . . wow. A hat like that in black would even look good on me -- and I look less like Clint, then or now, than anybody else I can think of.
For me it took a little getting used to. I'm so used to seeing him in wide-brimmed Western hats that a hat with such a narrow brim just didn't look right at first. lol

As long as I'm already here, I thought of another one: The hat worn by Caretaker (Sam Elliott) in Ghost Rider:

Caretaker_Ghost_Rider_zpsb6981278.jpg

Yep, I sure do love those beater hats. Admittedly not a great movie, but Sam Elliott is worth watching no matter what he's in.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

Notice the difference in Freddy's fedora from the original Nightmare on Elm Street. It was the only time that Freddy's hat had a ribbon and a bound brim. In all the sequels that followed Freddy's fedora had no ribbon. He either wore a Whippet or a Whippet clone as was suggested by Freddy fans. His sweater changed as well. In the original, his sweater had no stripes on the sleeves.

Freddy and his Fedora.jpg

Freddy's Fedora 02.jpg

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
nice!
Celestial, I have to admit the pic you posted of Freddy immediately conjured the image of Ed O'Neil playing a demonic Al Bundy...!

I know we're off-topic, but don't tell me you're left-handed, too?! (Although I've often wondered how many of us are lefties here...)

Monte

A-List Customer
Hmmm, now where have I seen that shot before...

Tombstone_zpse54f1584.jpeg

Well, at least Tombstone "borrowed" from a decent movie. ;)

I saw this photo in a gallery but wasn't sure of the authenticity...I searched the web for it and found this on someone's web page. Reminded me of the movie group.

Charles_Company

New in Town
Monte, That is a fantastic photo.

Casablanca is a favorite, particularly Rick's and The Godfather has a good variety of hats to look at. I guess it was the time period the movie is set in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran