Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie Theater luxuries

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars
Wow, Lizzie, your movie tickets are only $8.50? I paid $12.75 last time I went to a movie back in the summer. It had been about 10 years since I'd actually been to a movie so not only was I shocked about the ticket price, but the TSA-type pat down I got - actually they only asked me to open my handbag. It took me a minute to realize why they were asking me to open my handbag. :confused: How I long for the days when sanity ruled the majority of the world.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I haven't raised our ticket prices in seven years -- $8.50 for adults, $7.50 for over 65 or under 12. About 70 percent of our audience is over 65, so I wish we could get away with reversing those prices.

We don't pat people down, but large bags, knapsacks and the like are not permitted in the auditorium. Nor are paper bags, after some boob snuck in a whole takeout Chinese meal and set it up along the ledge at the rear of the house. Whole theatre smelled like kung pao chicken for a week after.

If you go to a major league baseball game, you'll always be asked to open your pocketbook. That's been going on for years.

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
I usually prefer to watch movies at home, too, but there are some movies I absolutely must watch at the theater: any new James Bond movie or new Marvel movie (my teenage daughter got me hooked on those). I also had to watch the new Star Wars in the theater and the new Peanuts movie because I'm a huge Snoopy collector.
Agreed! Some films should be seen on the big screen. Others will have to wait for the more-easily controlled environment of my family room with the big screen, speakers, clean and close-by bathrooms, and the absence of chatterers.
I do like epics and science fiction movies in the theatre, as well as the occasional classics that show up in a multiplex. But I still grouse about the ticket prices...

oak1971

Familiar Face
They just added a bar and grill. Recliners in some theaters. Attendance is dropping, so they are trying to make it more of a destination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21