Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Munson Last

swisschalet

New in Town
Just wondering if anybody could help me out with sizing for the Munson last. If I'm regularly a 9.5 in boots/dress shoes, should I size down to a 9 for the Munson last? I'm thinking of buying those LL Bean Munson last boots but I don't live anywhere near a store to try them on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mountain

New in Town
bigshoe said:
A comparison of lasts. The Blue one is a munson last from left to right a 7.5 3e, a 7 munson, a 7.5 d shoe last, a 7.5 work boot last and a womans 7.5 b
Note the munson 7 is slightly longer then the 7.5's it is as wide in the ball as the 7.5ee, the cone (instep) is higher and runs futher foward then the others and is as narrow in the heel as the womans 7.5. I will try to take some pics of the bottoms to explain the reasons for this later.
toeshape2-1.jpg
[/IMG]
Tom

hey bigshoe,

where did you get your munson last? i've been trying to get my hands on one and its quite difficult...thanks in advance!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Some downright awesome craftsmanship there. :eusa_clap
Shoes designed for infantry guys that march around most of the time,..what a concept. I might just have to get a pair of the marine corps boots. Love the color as well as the style.

Pat_H

A-List Customer
Just wondering if anybody could help me out with sizing for the Munson last. If I'm regularly a 9.5 in boots/dress shoes, should I size down to a 9 for the Munson last? I'm thinking of buying those LL Bean Munson last boots but I don't live anywhere near a store to try them on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I happened to stop in here a decade after this post as I just wore out my pair of Chippewa made boots of this type, sold by L. L. Bean.

And I only had them for 29 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass