Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My 1000th Post. Something Fun and Thank You

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I realized the other day I was almost at 1000 posts in like 8 months and I was like holy cow, I really need to do something with my life LOL. ;) Just kidding.

I wanted to thank this great community. While you all have caused me to spend a fortune, I have learned a lot and had a ton of fun in the process. Think I've bought (mostly) and sold (not enough) about 30 jackets in that time frame. Basically 1 a week. Whereas before I might have bought 1 jacket every 3-4 years. Had never even heard of iconic brands like Buco, Cal, Taubers, Real McCoys, Aero, etc. etc. I did own a few Schotts though, so I guess there was some pedigree there.

I have made many cyber friends and have actually done 4 or 5 meet ups with some LA based people. All have been super friendly and would gladly have a beer with them once the pandemic settles down (almost there!!!)

I started off in the hat forums (hence my username) but then one day clicked on outerwear, and the rest is history. I can't even look at a picture of a jacket anymore without thinking to myself, cross zip/straight, epaluettes, half belt, gussets, action back, fits good, fits bad, too short, too long? 8 months ago it was like, "looks good" or "I don't like" LOL.

I don't want to start naming names because I'll leave someone out for sure, but there's a good dozen of you or more even who we share DMs and exchange info often or you've just really helped me out with figuring something out. And extra thank you for that.

I mentioned before my wife has been doing paintings to kill the boredom during covid. I always joke with her about taking our dogs and putting their faces over some famous photo or painting. And then it hit me the other day. What better way to pay homage to my latest fascination than to take two of things that I really love and put them together. These are still concept and she'll actually paint them and add some more flare and depth in the coming weeks. I'll update then. But just to give you an idea. And they happen to be probably my two favorite styles, so that worked out great too.

I present "Thunder" James and "Yellow" Marlon.

3wcvddf.jpg

DMCWbA0.png

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
A meeting up in the LA area would definitely be welcomed soon.
nice. There's members in Pasadena, Claremont, and Los Felix that I know about. I'm in Woodland Hills pretty much Calabasas, so I think I'm the furthest one out. But I'm always down for maybe some Dim Sum in Monterrey Park area or anything fun really. I'll make the haul so long as it's not like rush hour traffic LOL.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
nice. There's members in Pasadena, Claremont, and Los Felix that I know about. I'm in Woodland Hills pretty much Calabasas, so I think I'm the furthest one out. But I'm always down for maybe some Dim Sum in Monterrey Park area or anything fun really. I'll make the haul so long as it's not like rush hour traffic LOL.
I'm in Orange County so I'm not too close either, but its worth the drive for me too. I work in LA so I'm used to driving far

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
nice. I'm in Woodland Hills pretty much Calabasas

I used to live in Woodland Hills -- Westchester in particular -- until I gave the house to my ex as I ran out the back door and never looked back. :p Now, I live on the opposite end of the county, adjacent to OC. @dudewuttheheck (and others) are in OC. Anywhere between WLA/Hollywood and the South Bay would be a central meeting place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points