Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My 1930 SkeeBall Machine

GearHead

One of the Regulars
This has been in my family for many years. My grandfather got it out of a bar they were closing in the 50's.
It's a 1930 skeeball type machine. All wood and hand made besides the basic electrics to keep score.
I've been working on getting it restored for the past few years.
Needs a new transformer and some rewiring but overall in great shape.
The only part missing is the locking door for the money collection on the front.
Only 5 cents to play!
This model was made by Chicago Coin Machine from 1930-1935. On all the research I've done on it it's the only one known to left but it's more sentimental than anything else.

IMG_0574.JPG

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0576.JPG

Erick

Story

I'll Lock Up
Cool.
Remember how many of them (well, the later ones) were on the Boardwalks down-da-shore?

RetroToday

A-List Customer
GearHead said:
It's a 1930 skeeball type machine. All wood and hand made besides the basic electrics to keep score.

Only 5 cents to play!

Erick

Hi Erick, thanks for sharing your pics of the Skee Ball Machine, very cool!
I don't think it just has sentimental value, so many amusement games were thrown to the scrap heap, some are quite rare today.

I scanned these tickets for you to see, I think they're from the 1940s, but could very well be wrong about that. Difficult to tell by the plain font used on the ticket.
Ever heard of Nilk-Noc Amusement Co.?

These were most likely from somewhere in the Midway area of the Canadian National Exhibition, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

1802522128_41894fd640_b.jpg

A row of sequential numbered Skee Ball tickets, I have a few more.

1802522304_afde6e47de_m.jpg

This is what is printed on the back of each of those tickets.

Found them at a garage sale along with a bunch of local vintage dance hall tickets and other cool items in a 1930s cigar box.

GearHead

One of the Regulars
He also pulled out a pool table and pinball machine from that bar back then but those were given away long before I was around.
My kids still have fun playing with this one when they come to my hot rod shop which is were it is at.

Cool pics of the old tickets there.
This machine didn't give out any type of ticket. Definatley more of a bar type machine.

Erick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24