Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My 3M mile Fed

warbird

One Too Many
I haven't had much chance to check in lately, but thought I would give an update on my favorite hat. I will travel to jolly ole England next month to lecture at Oxford and visit the House of Lords on invitation. I picked up an old A2 and figure my old Akubra Fed will accompany me yet again. This hat has been everywhere with me over the last 3 million plus miles. It has been in sand storms and monsoons in Africa and Asia, snow storms in the arctic circle, business trips, and to many places in between, including an extended stay in a big sand box. It shows little worse for wear, except for slight sweat stains in ribbon. I have been pleased with its durability in tough times. Me and my hat hopefully will make it a couple million more miles together.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Yes, definitely pictures. When I read stories like yours sir it stirs my sense of adventure. Here's to you and your Fed, may you both have many more adventures and miles together.

warbird

One Too Many
I have been trying to post pics from my hosting site, but must admit it has been a while since I used it. Now I can't seem to access my libraries. I must say though many might be somewhat disappointed, as the hat shows little wear despite the many miles. I have always brushed the hat off after a trip and it has usually looked great afterwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner