Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Adam is missing......

Well I figured it would happen sooner or later. My son, like most sons, well they always likes dads stuff, right....and sons seem to like to borrow things; which then tends to lead to a take over of a sort........just so happens his head size is the same as mien. :rolleyes:

So last night I am working on a rod in the shop, and I hear the back door open where the hat stash is, but I didn't pay much attention to it....

Then I hear the house door open & close, no words spoken on the exit. Curious, I look out the window, and I watch my Adam drive away.....:eusa_doh:

Fedora Fever to a younger generation..;)

At least when he came home he put it back where he got it.

I'll have to have the hat talk with him and limit him to that one, for now.... lol lol

My son took possession of a seldom used Stetson silver belly & it resided in that pit he called a bedroom. After months & months, I discovered it & the effects of the moths!!! :eek:
I have never had any moth effectst to any other hats in the house. [huh]

My Adams is missing.....

THE PIT. I have one of them in my house also.....I wish I could discover a pill to cure that problem. I'd be able to buy us all a hat........

gtdean48 said:
My son took possession of a seldom used Stetson silver belly & it resided in that pit he called a bedroom. After months & months, I discovered it & the effects of the moths!!! :eek:
I have never had any moth effectst to any other hats in the house. [huh]

My Adams is missing.....

Tools.....been there with that one.

I have what was once a georgous flintlock which I made from a raw kit, a Hawkins .50 and it was one of the nicest damn things I have ever made; the stock and butt plate are all scratched; he broke the wood ram rod and left the brass parts out there in the woods. I am having trouble getting a replacement kit and pissed about that. I need to re-do the gun stock and some hardware.

My S&W Mod. 686 - S.S. 357 Mag., it had a beautiful grip but he jazzed that all up by letting the checkering on the grip keep rubbing against things like the counsol of my SUV, which incidentially is mared as well.

Heck, I think I might have pistol whipped that boy the day I showed that 357 to him and asked him what he did.....he said "what" a real STUPID sounding "what" which about flipped me; it was like the rubbed raw grip was the way he took it out.....I have that gun 28 years and never had a mark on it.

Let me stop there on that note, cause there IS more.........:rage:

Bill Greene said:
I just started with hats, so thank God I missed that phase. But mine took my TOOLS. Which is almost as bad.

Bill

rippy444

Familiar Face
My Adam is missing

I bought my grandson a skate board fedora. He loves it. Now he is over all the time eyeing my stash. Luck has it, I have a small head and he doesn't. Still, he's got the fedora fever . His brother too.

My Adams is missing.....

Rippy,

On one hand its a good thing the hats don't fit; they're safe !!

On the other, no hand me downs to give...

Nice Road King in the Avatar.

My lad asked for the Fatboy Keys a couple weeks ago.....lol

I won't even go there.;)

rippy444 said:
I bought my grandson a skate board fedora. He loves it. Now he is over all the time eyeing my stash. Luck has it, I have a small head and he doesn't. Still, he's got the fedora fever . His brother too.

I let my son ride my Road King Classic around the high school parking lot last time out. He liked the feel & the power but said he wasn't ready for "a cruiser" just yet. He's riding my 1979 Honda 750Four when I allow it, calls it his bike! Only time he touched my tools is to hand them to me when I tell which one I need. Blood ain't thicker than chrome!!! :eek:

R.A. Stewart

Familiar Face
Well, guys, I feel the pain, but the phrase "dumb kids" doesn't pop up so often for no reason ... they aren't born knowing how to take care of stuff, any more than we are. Which I sometimes have to remind myself, because it can seem like they are taking a long time to learn. (With me, it's been my youngest daughter and her trombone--formerly mine, which makes it both better and worse).

At least they are finding admirable and desirable some of the same things you value.

~Rich

rippy444

Familiar Face
R.A. Stewart said:
Well, guys, I feel the pain, but the phrase "dumb kids" doesn't pop up so often for no reason ... they aren't born knowing how to take care of stuff, any more than we are. Which I sometimes have to remind myself, because it can seem like they are taking a long time to learn. (With me, it's been my youngest daughter and her trombone--formerly mine, which makes it both better and worse).

At least they are finding admirable and desirable some of the same things you value.

~Rich
It's not so much about what you value, it's showing that you know how to value people and things, in that order.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Cane Rod Maker said:
I'll have to have the hat talk with him and limit him to that one, for now.... lol lol

"Someday, I'm gonna haf'ta have a long talk with that boy." - Jed Clampett

:p

I just hope when I have kids old enough to wear hats that they'll be interested in them.

Randy

apba1166

A-List Customer
The "put it back where he got it" is great. Usually I find the stuff buried in the trunk or smashed into a sofa cushion in the TV room. I will say this: with all the sport coats, shirts, etc., hanging around, my oldest--22--has an incredible knack to walk off with the best. At least he's got taste.

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
My son is 4 my daughter is 2 they already want to steal all my hats. My son has a stetson and a newsboy cap but he still wants my hats for playing dress up. At least they both are interested in nice hats.

M6Classic

One of the Regulars
My son has taken possession of a mid-grey mink-felt custom made for me by Gary White!!! Well, at least he has good taste in hats. I just couldn't say, "No," and he looks great under it. To avoid true intergenerational warfare, I bought him his own Pisson shave brush at the first sign of whiskers a year or so ago.

Buzz

PBenes

New in Town
My stepson used to take my hat, till I bought him his own. Cheap little stingy brim at Sears, but man does he get compliments when he's out with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner