Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Aero 1930s Half Belt

Jwag

One of the Regulars
Perfect fit goes without saying...but that colour....wow!

I’ve never seen the Aero brown look that rich...I mean its always been a gorgeous colour but this is next level...

Do we know if this is just a one off batch or did they change something?
I'd like to know as well. It definitely has some red undertones. Almost a hint of cordovan in the bright sunshine. Then again I've never seen two brown cxl look identical. They always are slightly different from pictures I've seen. You could probably buy 10 and each one would be a different brown.

Last edited:

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Perfect fit goes without saying...but that colour....wow!

I’ve never seen the Aero brown look that rich...I mean its always been a gorgeous colour but this is next level...

Do we know if this is just a one off batch or did they change something?

How does the Aero Horse Hide compare to your ELMC J100 leather- would love to know!

ProteinNerd

How does the Aero Horse Hide compare to your ELMC J100 leather- would love to know!

Depends which Aero HH you are taking about...well to varying degrees. The ELMC leather is significantly thinner than both the Aero FQHH and the Vicenza.

Th grain is less pronounced than most of the Vicenza jackets I’ve owned. Keep in mind my ELMCs are all relatively new so I can’t really say how they will develop with some serious wear just yet.

So lighter / thinner than Aero’s, certainly not as stiff as FQHH. It’s really nice to wear straight out of the box but still somehow develops sleeve creasing really quickly.

The closest leather I’ve had would be the Shinki on my DD Buco J-100 bu that was SUPER grainy, this is smooth to start.

I really like the leather on all my Eastman’s, I think they suit the warmer climate here better.

I’m away with work atm and brought my Navy Aero so don’t have any ELMC’s on hand to compare but if you are after any specifics I’d be happy to look into it when I get back home.

sweetfights

Depends which Aero HH you are taking about...well to varying degrees. The ELMC leather is significantly thinner than both the Aero FQHH and the Vicenza.

Th grain is less pronounced than most of the Vicenza jackets I’ve owned. Keep in mind my ELMCs are all relatively new so I can’t really say how they will develop with some serious wear just yet.

So lighter / thinner than Aero’s, certainly not as stiff as FQHH. It’s really nice to wear straight out of the box but still somehow develops sleeve creasing really quickly.

The closest leather I’ve had would be the Shinki on my DD Buco J-100 bu that was SUPER grainy, this is smooth to start.

I really like the leather on all my Eastman’s, I think they suit the warmer climate here better.

I’m away with work atm and brought my Navy Aero so don’t have any ELMC’s on hand to compare but if you are after any specifics I’d be happy to look into it when I get back home.

Thank you- Wanted your general impressions on leather and fit. How is the ELMC in fit compared to the Aero Board Racer and Cafe Racer? I love my Aero Cafe Racer.
You actually beat me to the punch on the Aero navy blue vicenza. I saw the posting here too late.
I keep watching for Tons' posts. He has a couple he might need to "let go" at any moment in the future.

ProteinNerd

It’s in between the two. Broader through the shoulders than the BR but not as tight in the waist as the CR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk