Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Aero Board Racer in soft black steerhide review

Gamma68

One Too Many
I've read through the thread and have taken a close look at the fit photos several times. I don't see the misalignment in the fit pics. There is minor misalignment apparent in the close up photos.

I guess whether or not to send back depends on how OCD you are. But I don't think anyone outside of this forum would notice, unless they really got in your personal space.

BlueWallpaper

Familiar Face
I think the jacket looks great. I didn’t see the misalignment when I first looked but saw it once it was pointed out. I don’t think you’d be out of order returning it, but I also don’t think it’s nescessary if it’s not preying on your mind every time you see the jacket. Also for what it’s worth I think it will become even less noticeable once the jacket gets worn in.

Slight aside. Not sure why more people don’t angle the chest pockets in slightly. Creates a slimming effect versus horizontal and masks any slight misalignment.

Kuro

Practically Family
Your jacket looks great to me. I didn't notice any imperfections in the first set of photographs; however, in the closeups, I do barely notice what You are complaining about. That wouldn't bother me one bit. You got a great fit and a great jacket. BTW, a 3 oz. weight is 1.2 mm not 1.5 mm.

Sorry, I got confused. The sample leather I was sent was 1.5mm thick. Taking a look at the jacket now, I would say the thickness varies from 1.2mm to 1.5mm, probably a normal range? I wish I could amend that in my review. The leather has heft and substance, yet is so pliable that you can ball it up easily. It is a comfortable and easy to wear quality leather, and I could not be happier with this leather choice!

I find the next part difficult to put into words. I did not list the symmetry issue in the build quality section as a complaint. (I accept that listing a flaw in a product review is a complaint in itself, but for the purpose of my jacket and the review I chose not to complain about it.) I did list it as it was factual. An issue or a flaw in the make of the jacket, as I don't know how difficult something like pocket position and the bottom of the jacket alignment is to achieve. It exists for those considering an order for themselves.

I understand that better is available. I believe this is a tolerance issue that my jacket falls within a symmetry tolerance range. I bring it up to be aware of it.

Kuro

Practically Family
I think the jacket looks great. I didn’t see the misalignment when I first looked but saw it once it was pointed out. I don’t think you’d be out of order returning it, but I also don’t think it’s nescessary if it’s not preying on your mind every time you see the jacket. Also for what it’s worth I think it will become even less noticeable once the jacket gets worn in.

Slight aside. Not sure why more people don’t angle the chest pockets in slightly. Creates a slimming effect versus horizontal and masks any slight misalignment.

It has not bothered me, because I like the jacket as a whole. Normally I can get hung up on details, but in the case of this jacket I really like it.

As for the pocket angles, I just preferred the horizontal style. I know that if I made another jacket, I would only order one horizontal outside pocket, so as to avoid any symmetry issues there! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner