Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Aero Natural Vintage HH - A2

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
gfirob said:
Great looking jacket and I think the leather looks very nice. I don't know what you were expecting, but this oil-pull has a great looking finish from here.
Welcome
Rob

The RedWing Iron Rangers are Oil-Pull leathers and they're not as suedy as the jacket. I was expecting a little more shine I guess.. Thanks for the welcome.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
gfirob, paddy, scotrace, james, Thank you. It's not that I need affirmation or something, but your responses certainly make me feel even more confident than I allready am, that I have made the right choice for my first ever leather jacket. I get a lot of compliments also on the streets, about the stylish, 'simple' design of this jacket. It stands out to the average, contemporary, 'cheaply made' fashion-leather jackets you can see people wearing nowadays..

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Now you need an Oil Pull hat to go with the jacket.
OilPull-bk-knit.jpg

Rumely Oil Pull was an oil-cooled, kerosene-fueled tractor, made from 1908-'32. I'm guessing that's where the leather process got its name. Just guessing.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
PADDY said:
This is what it might turn out like, just with everyday normal wear.

DOGTAGS011.jpg

DOGTAGS010.jpg

Wow, that jacket looks like it has been in service since 1941.. Just curious, did you take any special care for the leather, treat it with something like Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil?

Beautiful jacket, thanks for the pictures. Don't you just love the berry-knits?

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just honest hard wearing...

No treatments used, nor hot water added! Just good old-fashioned hard wear. The fun is seeing just how 'your' oil pull will develop with wear ;)

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Fardad said:
Any chance of seeing closeup/macro shots of the jacket's grain/finish?

Laying a leather jacket on a dusty floor is not a good idea :eusa_doh: some of the pics display some dust on the jacket...

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

Fardad

Familiar Face
Thanks for the additional pics! (sorry for the dust).

That is indeed the jacket of my dreams. The leather finish is exactly what constitutes as my taste. I'm definitely getting one this fall.

I absolutely love those shades of brown made available with that finish.

I just received some samples from them and I'm a little bit confused about 2 that were sent and I'm hoping you could clear up the naming conventions for me. On the back they are labelled:

1) BROWN OIL-PULL HORSE - This is the one I like best as it looks identical to your jacket's leather.

2) BROWN VINTAGE HORSE - This one is glossy and darker but the name coincides with your item but looks nothing like it.

I ran a search for "Oil pull" in their SearchBox on their site and the "USAAF TYPE A-2 IN NATURAL VINTAGE HORSEHIDE" jacket came up. Yet, the thumbnail looks nothing like my oil-pull horse sample (as well as your jacket), but upon clicking for a larger view, it does. So I'm a bit confused. I think the "USAAF TYPE A-2 IN NATURAL VINTAGE HORSEHIDE" jacket is made from the "Brown oil-pull horse" sample I received but I'm not certain (awaiting their reply).

You'd think a quality mfg such as them could invest a little more in the quality of their website photos (they are absolutely horrible and do no justice to their jackets).

Doublegun

Practically Family
Sharpe said:
djgo-cat-go - what boots are those? How much are they and can I get them online? (and sent to Australia)

I have had my eye on those boots for a couple of weeks and his pictures pushed me over the edge. Zappos.com has em. $215.00 (US). Not sure how Zappos does shipping overseas but they are killer here in the states. I ordered mine at 6:20 this evening and they'll be at my door tomorrow afternoon by 4:00 ( and shipping was FREE).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24