Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My ASM 1107-1 fiasco

La Sombra

New in Town
Not really a fiasco. Just a brick wall. After spending 5K on the purchase of this beautiful sweatband sewing machine with a custom table and motor as well as attachments, and after almost a year of trial and error… I just can’t seem to figure this thing out.

My hat orders have exploded this last year which means I’d like to ramp up production with the sweatband sewing machine. I need to. Please help! If this has been answered before, please point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance!

-La Sombra

Attachments

• IMG_0243.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 15
Not really a fiasco. Just a brick wall. After spending 5K on the purchase of this beautiful sweatband sewing machine with a custom table and motor as well as attachments, and after almost a year of trial and error… I just can’t seem to figure this thing out.

My hat orders have exploded this last year which means I’d like to ramp up production with the sweatband sewing machine. I need to. Please help! If this has been answered before, please point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance!

-La Sombra
Will the seller not help you out? I think most of the hatters here hand sew their sweats. You might try FB, there is a page for Custom Hat Makers.

La Sombra

New in Town
Will the seller not help you out? I think most of the hatters here hand sew their sweats. You might try FB, there is a page for Custom Hat Makers.
The seller is in California. I live in Washington DC. Ordered the attachments from Tennesse Attachments and had the table made and the motor installed in Baltimore.

I have been hand sewing my bands this whole time but need the help of a machine. I need to know where I can go to learn how to use it. I’ll also pay someone to come teach me if they’re local. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The seller is in California. I live in Washington DC. Ordered the attachments from Tennesse Attachments and had the table made and the motor installed in Baltimore.

I have been hand sewing my bands this whole time but need the help of a machine. I need to know where I can go to learn how to use it. I’ll also pay someone to come teach me if they’re local. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Contact Tim @purebeaver. He has sold the ASM and he teaches classes on hatmaking up in Pennsyvania. He might be willing to sell you a few hours of his time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff