Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My BK Westfall in badalassi cowhide

schitzo

Suspended
Looking at Silver's he's wearing it as a standard length half belt - note the back of it is just above the rear pockets on his jeans. In that case he has added 1 inch. But do we know how tall he is? He looks around 5,10" ish.

For me to wear one like that it should be around 26" long. Though with the slim fit consideration I've been thinking that a little bit shorter than standard length for this model should be OK too. Given that I'm just 3 inches taller than 5,10 which is who the stock lengths are intended for, an extra 1.5" for me should align..

After all, I'm only 6,1" tall so adding 1.5" to stock lengths is typically as far as I ever need go. I cannot think of any short jacket for which I have ever needed to add more than this. My concern has been that maybe adding 1.5" is half an inch too much!

Last edited:

schitzo

Suspended
haha low blow!

If I knew exactly how it is supposed to fit I'd know exactly what to do. For instance, if this fits like an aero 30s HB or non shrinking aero original hercules then I'd go 25" long. I suppose given recent goings on half an inch too long has got to be better than half an inch too short

zhz

Practically Family
New picture of My westfall, I sent it back to BK and added 1.5 inch to the sleeve, now the new fit.

?? 17-12-2014 16 02 18.jpg

schitzo

Suspended
it's hard to see where the jeans end on this photo but the length of the jacket in relation to your whole body doesn't look too long. I suspect you wear your jeans higher than me, in which case you can get away with jackets that are a bit shorter. Also, you height is below average isn't it (if 5, 10 is average) so again, adding length does seem like a slightly strange decision..

Any chance you could post a pic with the jacket zipped up? Front and back would be very generous of you

If the stock length of this is indeed half an inch longer than the aero 30s HB my 25.5" estimation would seem to be on the money

zhz

Practically Family
it's hard to see where the jeans end on this photo but the length of the jacket in relation to your whole body doesn't look too long. I suspect you wear your jeans higher than me, in which case you can get away with jackets that are a bit shorter. Also, you height is below average isn't it (if 5, 10 is average) so again, adding length does seem like a slightly strange decision..

Any chance you could post a pic with the jacket zipped up? Front and back would be very generous of you

If the stock length of this is indeed half an inch longer than the aero 30s HB my 25.5" estimation would seem to be on the money

Sure, I will post the picture when I got home.

schitzo

Suspended
Good pics zhz well done.

Probably it is a bit longer than ideal but as I know all too well, better a bit too long than a bit too short! Maybe you can grow into it, or shrink it over time. And if not and you ever do come to sell then that extra length will work to your favour and give you more potential customers.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Good pics zhz well done.

Probably it is a bit longer than ideal but as I know all too well, better a bit too long than a bit too short! Maybe you can grow into it, or shrink it over time. And if not and you ever do come to sell then that extra length will work to your favour and give you more potential customers.

Funny. You and I make different choices when it comes to jacket length. I prefer longer. You like shorter. This one is really long. I like about 2 inches over my lower belt edge but this one looks around 4 inches. Or, about one inch sort of being a long half belt. It's fine but it is unorthodox. Nevertheless I like it. Better than a bolero/bellhop short jacket.

schitzo

Suspended
Funny. You and I make different choices when it comes to jacket length. I prefer longer. You like shorter. This one is really long. I like about 2 inches over my lower belt edge but this one looks around 4 inches. Or, about one inch sort of being a long half belt. It's fine but it is unorthodox. Nevertheless I like it. Better than a bolero/bellhop short jacket.

Yes, I've noticed the same thing and have often wondered how your preference for longer than average length looks in real life. I get that you're comfortable with them, and that's the main thing of course, but I am curious. I agree that 'too long' you can still deal with, whereas 'too short' means a trip to ebay

zhz

Practically Family
Yes, I've noticed the same thing and have often wondered how your preference for longer than average length looks in real life. I get that you're comfortable with them, and that's the main thing of course, but I am curious. I agree that 'too long' you can still deal with, whereas 'too short' means a trip to ebay

Thats exact my point, if the jacket is a little longer, like this one, I can still wear it and feel comfortable with it. But if it is shorter, I have to sell it...
Also, I don't like put my shirt into the pants, so, a longer jacket is necessary.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I like that length. I've been stung with a couple of jackets that were just an inch and a bit short, and I was never comfortable in them, felt like I was wearing someone else's clothes. Rather a tad long than a bit short. I like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko