Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Cavanagh reshaped

DblCoronaMS

One of the Regulars
I went to visit genphideaux the other day and he reshaped my Cavanagh for me. Being new to the fedora world I was a bit nervous about harming the hat. I had tried to put the dents in the front while the hat was dry and they wouldn't stay. The brim didn't have much snap to it either.

Watching him wet the hat and manhandle the crown showed me that there really isn't much to fear in working with these hats and I'm much more confident. In fact, the two hats he gave me were a size too big and they're sitting on the lampshades right now hopefully shrinking down a size.

Here are the results...

Before:

1001496gp6.jpg

1001497pg3.jpg

After:

1001507bq4.jpg

1001504wh1.jpg

It's amazing what a little water and manipulation will do. The hat looks completely different and the brim snaps much better now. I think it changes the whole personality of the hat and, while I liked it a lot before, I truly love it now! Those dents took a ton of taper out of the front view.

I'm still ugly but at least I have a great hat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ