Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My creation "Bush-Pilot-Jacket" in Oil Pull Horse

Windward

Practically Family
I got an information from AERO LEATHER that my new jacket is beeing made so I am counting hours to receive it . . .
I am not into A-2 patch pockets because those pockets accentuated someway the belly so I come to the idea creating my own Flight Jacket.

My own creation: "Bush-Pilot -Jacket" in Oil Pull Horsehide is

- basically a '50s Windward pattern Size 46"
- entire jacket sewn with OD green thread
- knitted waistband and cuffs (mid brown) instead leather
- A-2 epaulettes
- A-2 collar with collar stand
- A-2 mustard cotton lining
- M422a underarm gussets with eyelets
- M422a inside windflap
- two inside gun pockets with stud closure
- AERO's antique brass zipper
- AERO's label with two pilots in front of a hanger/plane

Ehm. . . does anybody like to see some pics . . . ? ;)

Windward

Practically Family
Hi Philalethes - yes - but its already sent back for an exchange - because some features were missing and the oil pull was much too different compared to the sample.
Now the waiting game goes on ... good luck with your jacket.

Hi Philalethes - yes - but its already sent back for an exchange - because some features were missing and the oil pull was much too different compared to the sample.
Now the waiting game goes on ... good luck with your jacket.

Different in what way? Just bought a Half-Belt, trying to decide from Oil Pull and Brown FQHH. THX!

Windward

Practically Family
ButteMT61 - the sample I got is a lighter brown with an amazing colour and feeling - but the result looked like it was made from another hide with more reddish hint!
Looked good - BUT - all of my Windward's are heavy FQHH (black/brown/cordovan/vintage brown/jerky seal) so I am yearning for something different in colour and look.

oldcrow82 - your jacket looks very good in colour, grain and thickness. Congrats!

ButteMT61 - the sample I got is a lighter brown with an amazing colour and feeling - but the result looked like it was made from another hide with more reddish hint!
Looked good - BUT - all of my Windward's are heavy FQHH (black/brown/cordovan/vintage brown/jerky seal) so I am yearning for something different in colour and look.

oldcrow82 - your jacket looks very good in colour, grain and thickness. Congrats!

Thank you sir. It's hard even with samples to pull the trigger on the final choice!

Philalethes

A-List Customer
Thanks for posting all of the information on the oil pull. The sample I received (from last December) looked very much like oldcrow's jacket. I have requested new samples so that I may double-check which hide I want to use.

Actually, although I love oldcrow's jacket color, I wouldn't mind having something in a shade of lighter brown, so it may work out after all.

Windward

Practically Family
Good idea to ask for new / current sample to see how it look like - will do the same and than send a piece of the sample back to get the identical hide.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko