Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Current Leather Jacket Collection

Which jacket is your favorite?

• Caboose in Dead Leaf Brown

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Sunset in Yellow Ochre

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Mulholland in Vintage Black

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Mulholland in Vintage Brown

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • San Mateo in Rude Black

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters

gtrplyr

A-List Customer
That Deerskin Sunset is amazing. I like that so much I might have to check out Freewheelers. The San Mateo is wonderful as well. Very (very) nice collection.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Are you kidding me? I'm not voting, how can I vote for one favourite when all of your jackets are the complete mezz? Your taste matches mine so completely there's no way I could even contemplate not loving every second of wearing any one of your jackets. To paraphrase Nic Cage in Peggy Sue Got Married: "I got the hair, i got the jackets, I got the style."

Logician

One of the Regulars
My favorite is the Freewheelers Mulholland in Vintage Black horsehide closely followed by the Freewheelers San Mateo in Rude Black (reason: I'm not too keen with side lace adjustment). Two badass jackets. Now tell me, are you contented or do you still need more jackets? Of course, this is a trick question!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
All of them look great, however the black Mulholland stands out to me because the back doesn't look as busy (no fan of the multi panel backs) and black over brown because black has cooler vibes and just ages nicer imho.

Thanks! I personally like the busier backs, but I understand why people wouldn't

San Mateo and J-31 should be their most premium and well made jackets

Honestly in my considerable experience with their jackets, they are all equally well made, but the San Mateo is certainly one of the most intricate.

Love the Mulholland in vintage brown. I infact love the "deadness" in the color especially compared with the Caboose. Makes it a bit more understated on you while the other ones are a bit "louder".

That's a good point. It is definitely more understated and it goes well with a lot of my wardrobe.

To me the SanMateo wins hand down.
It's just the coolest jacket there is and it fits you very very well.
I'm glad you got it, but i'm also very jealous that it fits you after never fitting me.

Great collection!

Edit: i kinda want to see it worn with a belt, do you have a belt to try on, see what it looks like?

I do agree that it is a super cool jacket and I think it's the coolest piece of clothing that I own. Don't be jealous though, your jacket collection is way beyond what I have!

The black Mulholland is my favorite. It's simple, fits well and is just as nice and pure as a leather jacket can be...
All the others are also real nice jacket's I would be happy to own :)

Thanks! It is a more clean jacket in black than in brown I think.

The Caboose imho is what all other half-belt jackets would like to be. :) I voted for that.

The sunset is probably my favourite design at the moment and my second favourite of your collection just because the colour isn’t one I like.

All really nice jackets of course although personally the San Mateo has just too much going on.

I can definitely understand why the color is not loved. I personally love it, but it's a loud color for a leather jacket. I do feel that the Caboose is sort of a gold standard half belt, but obviously I am biased.

Great collection and difficult to say which one fits you best. My personal two favorite FW jackets or your collection are the San Mateo and the Mulholland but all 5 fit you well IMO

Thank you so much! I think right now the San Mateo fits best.

Fantastic review, thank you for taking the time! Great collection too... which jacket is the most beautiful is very difficult to say. All are great, for me it would be a decision on a whim, different every day, if I had this great choice*.

*Edit: By looking at the pictures, I have voted in relation to your body type in terms of fit, style and color for the caboose.

Thanks! It was my first Freewheelers for a reason.

I think your first jacket Caboose works best zipped and unzipped, 19" waist works best on you. the last one SanMateo probably looks nice paired with black jeans or some kind of deck pants or something classic military inspired

I don't even have black jeans, but I kind of want a pair.

San Mateo is my favorite on your photos above, you might easily sell the rest jackets with no doubts. If we're discussing abovementioned jackets in a matter of coolness and most badass looking over there - that's the only San Mateo. Period.
P.S. Dude, don't even think of shortening its sleeves, not a tiny bit - it'd ruin the jacket.
P.P.S. Caboose sleeves now look slightly too short to look perfect.

It's definitely the coolest jacket in my personal opinion. Don't worry, I won't be shortening any of the others. I think the Caboose sleeves are a little short, but I like them better than before by a massive amount.

Personally my favourite of yours is the Caboose but seeing them all on you I think the black Mulholland looks best followed by the San Mateo.

I've noticed the black jackets are getting a lot of love, which is crazy considering that I used to not even wear black!

My favourite was the sunset until you got the Matteo. This is a really good reward for your hard work at the gym! I would try the Centinela next :D

That is sort of the way I was thinking too. The Sunset is still my favorite, but the San Mateo is the one that fits me best now IMO.

You have a stellar collection Dude, thanks for sharing!
Not a bad jacket in the bunch but my favorite is the black Mulholland. It takes core elements from the straight zip CHP (probably my favorite style of all time) and adds a little Freewheelers pizzazz to the mix. Great fit as well.

Thanks for the kind words! I love the collar on the Mulholland. That is still my favorite aspect of it.

Wow, what a great collection!

Thank you!

Deerskin one wins. They're all really cool though.

Thanks. It's my personal favorite.

All very cool but the deerskin sunset is my favorite. The others maybe a fit a bit better but I just really love that jacket. TBH just get yourself a decent blindfold and rest assured that when you reach into your closet it doesn’t matter which you retrieve. They are all exceptional!

Haha, but I can't wear black and brown leather together :p The sunset is my personal favorite too!

TBH I also like that very calm and smooth, cosy and comfortable whole look of Sunset. I mean I like it being almost opposite to that very sharp and badass cool San Mateo (which is still the best to me), they both are like opposite poles and both are so nice because of that. Men, it's so hard to choose most cool jacket from such gorgeous pile of perfect Freewheelers, 'cause all those Freewheelers are the jacket's to dream of, each of them is a beautiful dream.

It is sort of an opposite of the San Mateo. That's a great point. I definitely am happy with this collection right now.

Great collection. They all fit perfectly.

Thank you!

The second jacket looks like the best fit to me- in the other pictures your torso looks compacted by the jeans maybe being pulled up too high. I have a long torso and fairly short legs (jeans fit well at 29 inch length) so I also have an odd divide between torso and legs.

Well they aren't pulled up that high, but they are high rise.

That Deerskin Sunset is amazing. I like that so much I might have to check out Freewheelers. The San Mateo is wonderful as well. Very (very) nice collection.

Thanks! The Sunset is my favorite one for sure.

Are you kidding me? I'm not voting, how can I vote for one favourite when all of your jackets are the complete mezz? Your taste matches mine so completely there's no way I could even contemplate not loving every second of wearing any one of your jackets. To paraphrase Nic Cage in Peggy Sue Got Married: "I got the hair, i got the jackets, I got the style."

Haha thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it!

Like all the others have said, they all fit you nicely. I had to vote for the Mateo. That is one bad ass mfer. No other way to say it. That jacket DEMANDS attention. You pull it off superbly. Nice collection Dude!

Thanks! I agree that this one is definitely the most bad ass one. I feel the coolest in it.

My favorite is the Freewheelers Mulholland in Vintage Black horsehide closely followed by the Freewheelers San Mateo in Rude Black (reason: I'm not too keen with side lace adjustment). Two badass jackets. Now tell me, are you contented or do you still need more jackets? Of course, this is a trick question!

Haha I am happy with these, but I could always have more. I am not actively searching, but when I go back to Japan again I will certainly be looking more closely.

Good on you losing the weight. Lots of that going around TFL these days, and it, in addition to being healthy, allows for pulling off great looks.

Thank you! Yeah I've noticed that it's going around which is great. I definitely feel better in my clothes now.

Caboose, love that color.

Thanks! It's my favorite leather color that I have.

Dredgen Yor

New in Town
I cast a vote for the sunset jacket, it has the best potential (I would leave out in the sun Or add a conditioner until color is perfect personally, no way I could wait) and perfect compromise between the two styles I see you leaning towards these days I’ve been following your YouTube and blog for a while now, I believe I tried to encourage you to start your own forum/blog in one of my YouTube comments back in the day. You have been a definitive voice in the jacket space for me, thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points