Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My favorite cap DEAD!

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
This is Eli
IMG_20121108_143046.jpg

He only looks sweet and innocent. This is what he did!
2012-11-11201803.jpg

I can't kill him so this is the best I can do.
IMG_20121111_201110.jpg
:mad::(:eusa_doh:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
LOL!

Did he choose your cap over the other chew toys you provide? My dog prefers a tennis ball, which lasts for about a minute and a half.

Seriously, sorry about the cap.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is Eli
IMG_20121108_143046.jpg

He only looks sweet and innocent....

Speaking as a pet owning, hat wearer who works in Vet Med- just thank your lucky stars you are not coming down here to the valley; to UTCVM for a costly & emotionally trying foreign body surgery. We've done it & it is no picnic- for anyone involved. And a hell of a lot more expensive than a comb!

Bitchin' cap...but... 'this too shall pass' :heh:

if'n it don't... :gossip: give him some petroleum jelly. It's inert & REALLY greases the works, so to speak.

There are many caps, but Eli is clearly one of a kind, irreplaceable & unique.
We all have our weaknesses, please do not judge him too harshly.
Who was it that left the cap where he could get it, I wonder? [bad] Look at those short legs, really, how far could he GO in pursuit of a cap, for goodness' sake?

I am sure if he could speak...better, he would say :sorry:, but some things are TOO tempting, especially when they have essence of YOU all over them, Da', it really is a complement if you think about it.

This lecture comes from hard-learned experience.
I've been there more times than I care to remember. :eusa_doh:

The little shites'll get into anything not nailed down. I share your pain.
But what it always comes down to is; It happened on MY watch. I am the ones responsible for making sure this can't occur.

I am biased as we've seven dogs & six cats in the city shhhhhhhh (It is pronounced "rescuer" OK, not "hoarder"!). We live in an Animal House.

But I DO take great comfort in knowing our immune systems are quite vigorous! :thumb:

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
He's a handsome dog.

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx

“Dogs never talk about themselves but listen to you while you talk about yourself, and keep up an appearance of being interested in the conversation. ”
― Jerome K. Jerome

This is my favorite dog quote...

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours,
faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe
it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
- Unknown

Last edited:

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Baaaaaaaaaaaad dog! and just in case you get any ideas............

The Mongrel

In Havenpool Harbour the ebb was strong,
And a man with a dog drew near and hung,
And taxpaying day was coming along,
So the mongrel had to be drowned.
The man threw a stick from the paved wharf-side
Into the midst of the ebbing tide,
And the dog jumped after with ardent pride
To bring the stick aground.

But no: the steady suck of the flood
To seaward needed, to be withstood,
More than the strength of mongrelhood
To fight its trecherous trend.
So, swimming for life with desperate will,
The struggler with all his natant skill
Kept bouyant in front of his master, still
There standing to wait the end.

The loving eyes of the dog inclined
To the man he held as a god enshrined,
With no suspicion in his mind
That this had all been meant.
Till the effort not to drift from shore
Of his little legs grew slower and slower,
And the tide still outing with brookless power
Outward the dog, too, went.

Just ere his sinking what does one see
Break on the face of that devotee?
A wakening to the treachery
He had loved with love so blind?
The faith that had shone in that mongrel's eye
That his owner would save him by and by
Turned to much like a curse as he sank to die,
And a loathing of mankind.

Thomas Hardy

seriously cute hound, I still miss our staffie and she's been gone 5 years, ho hum life goes on!

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Yep, what BAron said. I am thankful my dogs haven't tried to go after my items when I am visiting my dad. Then again, they only go after anything that resembles a tannis ball.

A hat rack, or makeshift one is a must!

Cute dog though!

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Dog's love the master's scent both my dog's will go back in our walk in closet and go to the dirty clothles basket and come out to the living room with under wear or sock's in their mouth's.:) Have to make sure the bedroom door is shut good to stop it.

Cap's can be replaced contact Johnny J or Simonds and look at this as an excuse to get a real nice cap.;)

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
The cap was usually put up if it was not on my head and Eli is rarely left unsupervised because of his addiction to chewing other peoples toys. I just happened to have set it down on the back of a chair when I walked in the house that day. My wife was cutting my son's hair and I was trying to entertain my daughter. She wanted Eli out of the room and while he was out I was thinking that he was probably chewing something since no one was out there with him. I even went and checked and everything seemed fine. Then later I found it. He has only been living with us for about a month and he is still a puppy. My wife got out her seam ripper and took it apart she is going to try her hand at making another one. I also emailed the company that made it. They don't have it listed on their site anymore but maybe they can make me another one.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I can't kill him so this is the best I can do.
IMG_20121111_201110.jpg
:mad::(:eusa_doh:

lol So I figure you never took off the cap in public, eh? Eli is defnitely doing his best to look properly downcast and contrite. Cute dog by the way. ;)

And lest I forget: my condolences!

That's exactly one of the reasons why I wouldn't get myself a dog (or, in my case, a cat) unless I had a seperate dressing room to keep my stuff out of reach... :D

Last edited:

galopede

One of the Regulars
I don't have a dog as I live alone and it wouldn't be fair. However I do have a moggy who leaves liberal coatings of hair on everything and it's all over my favourite basque beret I bought years ago in San Sebastien! Shows up lovely on the black wool!

I left it on a chair and she likes to sleep on anything that hair will knit itself into. My own fault I suppose!

Gareth

Feraud

Bartender
Don't stress the cap, it can be replaced. Eli is too cute to be mad at! I'm glad he didn't swallow anything that might cause a problem. Get him a few Kong toys to keep him occupied.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner