My First Aero - 1930s HB

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Adence, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Adence

Adence New in Town

A24E8A34-E771-425E-A260-C14D237F8992.jpeg 362746C7-5D6E-4DC4-B017-6BEDE558346B.jpeg 4F8DAA39-194A-4AC5-B8A3-AB54112A4D77.jpeg Gentlemen, greetings from Munich, after lurking a while here and on the Aero site and learning a lot - thank you- I decided to go ahead and order a used 40 Cordovan 1930s HB with modified back from the Aero sales section, which arrived two days ago.

Any thoughts on fit?
    F561B9B8-EA58-41DF-84D7-484A14757148.jpeg D4A95B26-B1FB-41B6-83F9-D72A07B50DD3.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

Great fit- will only get better with time and wear.
    Congratulations!!

Jin431 likes this.
  3. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

Top :thumbs up:
    Grüße von einem Ex-Münchner

Jin431 likes this.
  4. ton312

ton312

Looks superb! I can’t wait to get my Aero. But apparently I’m going to have to. Congrats!

Jin431 and Spiney like this.
  5. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Nice...

Spiney likes this.
  6. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Looks great, well done.
    Welcome.

Jin431 and Spiney like this.
  7. Adence

Adence New in Town

Thanks for the feedback! I‘m quite relieved - theory, using the information here and at the Aero website and Holly‘s advice, is one thing, deciding on a particular style and measurements another.

What do you think about the modified back (no yoke)?

Jin431 likes this.
  8. Jasonindenver

Jasonindenver New in Town

Looks like a perfect fit.!

I like the plain back on a half belt.

Jin431 likes this.
  9. Tom71

Tom71 Practically Family

Great choice for a first Aero. Fits nice, and this style will never go out of fashion.

Jin431 likes this.
  10. Tom71

Tom71 Practically Family

I am sure you already did, but go check out „Gasoline Alley“ in Glockenbach Viertel on what’s up next...

Jin431 likes this.
  11. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Congratulations!
    The back looks great without the yoke.

Jin431 likes this.
  12. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Good job. There's lots of half-belts available today, Aero's remains a great one!

Jin431 likes this.
  13. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Yes! Fit is wonderful, it looks trim but seems like there is space to layer up as well. Looks great and that's a great way to start off here. May we see you post more jackets in the future.

14. Adence

Adence New in Town

Will do, once such a crazy thing as visiting a shop will ever be possible again...

15. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned One Too Many

Congrats! I think the half belt style is a great entry point with its all around versatility. I started with an Aero 30s HB as well, and now 12 jackets later...

16. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Adence - Welcome to FL! Very nice Half-Belt! Looks like it fits and suits you to a Tee.

Now - stay away from the Classifieds here and at Aero! They do get you into trouble... :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  17. Adence

Adence New in Town

only 12... I already see it is hard to stop, too many different leathers, colors, styles and associated use cases

... too late. A similar thing happened when I got into suits. Must ... resist ...

18. Adence

Adence New in Town

A question to the elders (figuratively): I understand that raising arms will lead to some movement of the entire jacket and some effective sleeve shortening in any model where the arm holes are not cut quite high.

From Aero, is it only the Premier range models that accommodate more free arm movement? Also, are there any downsides to that, for instance less breathing room, need for even better fit or the like?
    I take it from some of the measurements on their site and comments here that someone like me with a size 40 on most models (known exception being the BR) would in general benefit from a 42 on the premier range, correct?

Tom71 likes this.
  19. Tom71

Tom71 Practically Family

For me, one size up does the trick in the premier range.

Fit&Feel of the Primos will be entirely subjective. For me, the PrimoHWM and Bootlegger (available only upon request) work very well, whereas the PrimoHB isn’t quite the perfect fit. The Board Racer, which I also consider a “premier fit” is really, really trim.

I am sure others can chime in about the jacket riding up when lifting the arms. I’ve had that with some jackets but never really got into pattern issues responsible for that.

Adence likes this.