Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first vintage hat

HeyMoe

Practically Family
the wife and I stopped at an antique store yesterday and I picked up a Stetson Eagle Medalist made with the vita-felt process. The felt is a taupe color with an olive green band. This thing is unbelievable when wearing it. I am solidly hooked on vintage felt now!

dsc00271na.jpg

The hat band does have some wear on it. Never thought I would like this color combo. Turns out I love it!
dsc00272no.jpg

Liner is a bit dirty

dsc00273wa.jpg

dsc00274az.jpg

dsc00275md.jpg

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Excellent first hat! Congratulations and condolences (for your bank account).

B

+1. It's a Vita-Felt as well, which makes is pretty rare, and dates it to between 1940 and 1945 (maybe 1946). Fantastic find.

Bourne ID

One of the Regulars
May we ask what it set you back! The wife and I love the summer flea market and antique shop forays, allways so much fun to search for interesting items.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
HeyMoe! It's not supposed to happen that way at all. You're first supposed to flounder through a series of crappy hats, then slightly "off" hats, then gradually intensify your search, and -Finally! -after many near-misses, land the quality hat you now have. You went about it all wrong.

Well done.

HeyMoe

Practically Family
HeyMoe! It's not supposed to happen that way at all. You're first supposed to flounder through a series of crappy hats, then slightly "off" hats, then gradually intensify your search, and -Finally! -after many near-misses, land the quality hat you now have. You went about it all wrong.

Well done.

It was dumb luck I assure you.....dumb luck.

Bourne ID

One of the Regulars

Well done.
Or...spend countless hours, days, weeks and months sitting behind the screen of your computer, scouring pages of horrid little ball caps and doo-rags looking for that priceless gem that someone incorrectly listed only to have a snipper shoot you in the back with his bigger wallet!!! At least that's how the last 50 hats have gone for me!!!

Alex

Practically Family
Or...spend countless hours, days, weeks and months sitting behind the screen of your computer, scouring pages of horrid little ball caps and doo-rags looking for that priceless gem that someone incorrectly listed only to have a snipper shoot you in the back with his bigger wallet!!! At least that's how the last 50 hats have gone for me!!!

Same here man, unfortunately. Maybe it is for the better though, since I have more money in my pocket than I would have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24