Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Five Star House B-3

CBI

One Too Many
Cut and paste from my Five Star - FB post:

A huge THANK YOU to Shawn and his team for the amazing work on this B-3 from Five Star. I am 10000000% satisfied with this jacket. Seal brown sheepskin with russet HH coverings (my preferred and fave combo). Incredibly well made, authentic, loads of great details. It's a stock size with some minor measurement changes. I suppose I could have maybe gone down a size but WW2 crews wore them with needed room for layering and I wanted that option as well. Could not be happier and on top of that, at Five Star’s price point……………….amazing…………..and ordered in December during their 20% off sale…………double amazing. A compelling case considering other B-3 options that look this good are MUCH more expensive! Thanks Shawn. Oh, one more thing, having owned high end repro and original WW2 sheepskin flight jackets, the word “comfortable” in simply not in the equation. THIS is jacket is really comfortable, there is no break-in needed. I wouldn’t call it lightweight but its not heavy!!! The Talon zipper is the smoothest zipper I have ever zipped. I was worried it wouldn't stay zipped up but its great. I will probably wear this 5 days a year so I didn't want to spend a fortune. For the sheepskin experts and OCD in the group, the shearling fur is more "furry" than the expensive brands but I have certainly seen enough period pics with furry shearing so I am not deterred. I think the Talon zip I mentioned is actually a larger size/gauge than what is authentically used. It sure makes zipping easy! Sorry about the funny faces, too bright out!!!!
IMG_6628.jpg
IMG_6633.jpg
IMG_6640.jpg

CBI

One Too Many
Here are some detail pics. they did a great job. these micros are where you may see the differences between this and the high end makers but I have no concerns. Actually, my only concern are all of the comments I get wearing this, all great but too many!!!!! As we all know, these make a dramatic statement .............but hey, "I am just trying to buy a dozen eggs so I can get out of the store! the reinforcements, pocket, seam covers are HH but the heavier duty straps are cowhide which is why the color is a little different with those.

IMG_3245.jpeg
IMG_3244.jpeg
IMG_3243.jpeg
IMG_3242.jpeg
IMG_3241.jpeg
IMG_3238.jpeg
IMG_3241.jpeg
IMG_3240.jpeg

4444Design

One of the Regulars
The B3 as well as the fit are spot on ...

There is a lot of people not that positive about the quality of 5-Star garment but i myself am absolutelty convinced about what they do.

Awesome quality which is a pain in the neck of some of the traditionla repro-makers on the market ...

CBI

One Too Many
5 Star for sheepskin is really hard to beat on any level. As long as one clearly states what they want and can include some photos, 5 Star will do a great job for you. They do great work and are improving all the time..............and at their price point....wow!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner