Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Forgotten Hat Rack

Warbaby

One Too Many
When we moved here from the Netherlands we brought half a container of antiques to make some money on until we got settled. I got a space in a collective and sold most of the stuff in the first couple of months. When I closed out the space I left a few pieces of furniture with the shop to sell on consignment. Because the collective is an hour's drive from here, I pretty much forgot about it except for the occasional check in the mail for a sale.

Skip ahead a couple of years and I'd been wondering how to store my hats when I suddenly remembered that I had a hat rack down at the collective. I went down over the weekend and picked it up. It's a Biedermeyer piece and doesn't go with anything else in our house (mostly Deco, Arts & Crafts, Amsterdam School and Machine Age) and would be better in a Victorian setting, but it serves the purpose pretty well. The box thing in the middle has a lift up lid, presumably for gloves, wallet and other gentlemanly accessories. (It's still for sale if anyone is interested and can figure out a way to get it from here to there).

hatrack3CR.jpg

hatrack5CR.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Warbaby, that is a gorgeous piece! And enough spacing for fedora's. I think mixing different styles of furniture looks better than having all one era... just my opinion.

Ok, out of curiosity what are you asking for it?

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace