Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My frustrating experience with Aero customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I once had a fault with a custom Aero jacket and it was handled very professionally by Aero. The advice in advance is great and although I spam them with mails, always patient and helpful.
Since I always explicitly state my desired dimensions, I am told in advance what works and what does not work.
This is just as a counter-example to your personal experience.

Of course annoying if you are not happy with a jacket. I find your sleeve length perfect, by the way, although this is probably no consolation.

My tip to all potential jacket buyers: do not start from assumptions, but ask exact details and measurements, know his own measurements and calculate the tolerance of max 0.5".

Liveinstyle33

One of the Regulars
I once had a fault with a custom Aero jacket and it was handled very professionally by Aero. The advice in advance is great and although I spam them with mails, always patient and helpful.
Since I always explicitly state my desired dimensions, I am told in advance what works and what does not work.
This is just as a counter-example to your personal experience.

Of course annoying if you are not happy with a jacket. I find your sleeve length perfect, by the way, although this is probably no consolation.

My tip to all potential jacket buyers: do not start from assumptions, but ask exact details and measurements, know his own measurements and calculate the tolerance of max 0.5".
Very well said sir!

4444Design

One of the Regulars
Pretty surprising!

I ordered 3 times directly at AERO, 2 "off the shelf" jackets and 1 custom made ...

One of the standard jackets just didn't fit right and they took it back without any hassle.

Shipping time as well as contruction time for the custom jacket where pretty short.

They even provided the name of the associate which worked on my gear ...

Sorry to hear about your negative experience.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I personally find it impossible to believe Aero would send out two jackets with this type of defect. Impossible. I have ordered at least 30 between Aero and TB. Maybe 100 or more over my collection history. I have never, ever, even once, seen anything like that, even on a used jacket. Thin ice. Really thin.

Your case is hard to accept because you first complain about the fit, then claim the jacket is damaged. You have indeed painted yourself into a corner.

Let's not forget HH was supposedly sent this jacket by Lost Worlds:

wCUxt96.jpg

I don't want to imply anything, but i find it weird...

zebedee

One Too Many
I haven't had a bad experience with Aero in 13 years of dealing with them. The one minor problem I had (due to my misunderstanding of inner pockets) was dealt with rapidly and professionally. It was not a thing for anger or accusation.

The internet seems to bring out negativity in ways that seem harmless to the over-critical and potentially awfully damaging for the party that's put on the defensive or actively trying to help (as in this case). Any human oversight becomes a deliberate sin; no apology goes far enough and the guaranteed way to be pilloried is to hold a sincere view on anything.

There is a tendency toward long, exhaustive critique of certain manufacturers on what seems like a rota; let's not do that.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
I really got scared after they asked me if it was me being careless when opened the package so I actually shoot a 4k video when I open the king of the road.....

I have emailed you in response to this thread but I would just like to add I never accused you of opening the package carelessly, I asked you if the package had been tampered with/opened by customs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points