Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My hat cleaning and shaping station

K5MOW

Familiar Face
Here is a picture of my hat cleaning and shaping station.

Roger
ECCF31B8-31AB-4F04-A719-5520FF11732C.jpeg

K5MOW

Familiar Face
Commonly used as a lint/dust remover. Wrap around the hand with the sticky side out and then pat down the hat. Works wonders getting rid of the dust that even a good brushing has a hard time removing.

yes what was said above. Packing tape works wonders on getting the dust off before you steam any hat.

Reactions: A.C

glider

A-List Customer
Yep, been looking at a Jiffy for at least a year, really need to get one. Also need a block etc., seems like I always end up with a new hat instead !

Yep, been looking at a Jiffy for at least a year, really need to get one. Also need a block etc., seems like I always end up with a new hat instead !
I am in the process of commissioning wooden blocks from a new supplier out of Lithuania. His prices are great. Will be a few weeks (4+) before I receive them and will post a review when I get them.

K5MOW

Familiar Face
I am in the process of commissioning wooden blocks from a new supplier out of Lithuania. His prices are great. Will be a few weeks (4+) before I receive them and will post a review when I get them.

do you have any contact information on ordering these.

A.C

New in Town
I have been looking for hat blocks as well found a bunch at the antique store but always NFS

I have been looking for hat blocks as well found a bunch at the antique store but always NFS
I have picked up vintage flanges from a guy in your neck of the woods (Quebec) on Ebay. He has regular listings, his prices are fair and the quality is good. Just use the Ebay search for 'wooden hat blocks' and his listings will come up.

Reactions: A.C

A.C

New in Town
I have picked up vintage flanges from a guy in your neck of the woods (Quebec) on Ebay. He has regular listings, his prices are fair and the quality is good. Just use the Ebay search for 'wooden hat blocks' and his listings will come up.
Thank you so much I will definetly have to get into the ebay purchasing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21