Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Aero B3 15mm

Zach

New in Town
Hello everyone,

First post here.
So I've finally received my Aero b3 jacket with a 15mm Redskin Sheepskin.
I've been wearing it for everyday for the past week and I am absolutely in love with it. Such a pleasure to walk around in it and people love seeing it, I had an Airport security guy in London and a border police officer in Spain both compliment the jacket so you know it must be special.
Been thinking about it for at least a year and recently decided to pull the trigger and get it, no regrets whatsoever. Aero customer service has been great and really did went that extra mile to get me what I want. Can't wait to see how it'll look in 5 years.

I attach some pictures :)

Zach

IMG_7906.jpeg 067528DE-CA70-40F7-A8B1-736B430BCC16.jpeg 24203fc9-aa56-4821-ae33-c8fde0b3a813.jpg unnamed.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7906.jpeg
    IMG_7906.jpeg
    775.9 KB · Views: 796
  • 067528DE-CA70-40F7-A8B1-736B430BCC16.jpeg
    067528DE-CA70-40F7-A8B1-736B430BCC16.jpeg
    619.3 KB · Views: 778
  • 24203fc9-aa56-4821-ae33-c8fde0b3a813.jpg
    24203fc9-aa56-4821-ae33-c8fde0b3a813.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 811

seres

A-List Customer
Beautiful B-3 and good first post... Welcome! I've also thought that if I bought an Aero B-3 I would request the 15 mm fleece, too. Thanks for the pictures!

Zach

New in Town
Beautiful B-3 and good first post... Welcome! I've also thought that if I bought an Aero B-3 I would request the 15 mm fleece, too. Thanks for the pictures!
Thanks,
In my research before buying the jacket i've figured out that the 22mm is ideal in temperatures less than 0 degrees Celsius.. Since I spend my time mostly in Ireland and Spain I wont have as many opportunities to wear it. Ended up going for the 15mm since it's pretty much ideal in the coldest weather in both locations. Don't regret it!

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
I’ve seen 12,15,18,22 mm shearling options. Can anyone weigh in on what (if any) was the official thickness specs? I seem to remember Eastman saying the B6 was only spec’d in 12.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I’ve seen 12,15,18,22 mm shearling options. Can anyone weigh in on what (if any) was the official thickness specs? I seem to remember Eastman saying the B6 was only spec’d in 12.

Didn't different bits have different thicknesses?
I think i read that they were a combination...

Found it! (From Charles at HPA)

"The original wartime B-3 jackets had three different depths of wool: the body, the collar and sleeves, and the cuffs and wind flap. There can be found some vintage B-3's with cuff wool a bit longer than the specified 1/4", but the wind flaps are consistently on spec. at 1/4", the sleeves and collar 1/2", and the body 3/4", with 1" being employed on the earlier examples."

Peacoat

Bartender
You got a good fit; it is a special jacket. I love it. Love your Alsatian as well. I have had two of them—excellent dogs. Some say they are the smartest of all breeds. My first one was the smartest dog, by far, of any I have had.

Welcome to the Lounge, BTW.

Zach

New in Town
Th
You got a good fit; it is a special jacket. I love it. Love your Alsatian as well. I have had two of them—excellent dogs. Some say they are the smartest of all breeds. My first one was the smartest dog, by far, of any I have had.

Welcome to the Lounge, BTW.
Thank you buddy, it’s a German Shepherd

trialsallday

One of the Regulars
Looks great man. I have a seal Aero B-3, and yesterday took delivery of a roughwear eastman B-3
Now I got the best of both worlds!

Deacon211

One Too Many
Welcome! That jacket looks great on you.

Love your Freedom Shepard too!

(J/K, I didn’t know that about Alsatians either. [emoji16])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

koteo

New in Town
Hi @Zach ! I'm Spanish living in Dublin.

Do you think that for Dublin will be a good option buying a b3? I mean, here it rains quite often and the umbrellas don't work very well due the wind...

15mm thick is not the default option for the b3, right? Where I could find it?

One more question if you don't mind....

My size I think it is 42. I'm only 170cm tall, chest 105 cm, but I'm afraid that the jacket won't fit very good on me, as my arms are short, etc etc.. What do you think?

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ