Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Aero Café Racer

harryw

New in Town
Hi all,

my new Aero Café Racer in black - I got it after only 3 months waiting time. I expected to get it around end of summer to wear it in autumn, but now I can enjoy the cold spring weather with it. :D

Mods to the standard Café Racer: Highwayman-type collar, no breast pockets.

(It appears a bit brownish on the first few pics, but that's due to a wrong color balance - believe me, it's deepest black)

IMG_8861.JPG

IMG_8863.JPG

IMG_8867.JPG

IMG_8870.JPG

IMG_8882.JPG

IMG_8888.JPG

Cheers
Harry

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Nice. I like the minimal look. A bit of hot water treatment on that collar, and it'll come up a treat!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I too prefer the minimalist look with a HWM collar and no chest pocket (s). Great looking jacket.

Edward

Bartender
Very nice - looks like (with the exception of the chest pockets) the Aero Sheene model produced by Aero for insurrection. IMO, this is exactly what people who say they want a closer-fitting HWM should be looking at, rather than trying to buy a HWM that is technically (bearing in mind the nature of the design) too small for them. Enjoy!

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Please forgive my ignorance, but does "HWM" stand for Highwayman or something else?

Echoing the sentiments shared by others, I too love the minimalist design, although I am not adverse to a breast pocket. There have been several similar recent acquisitions by TFL members. Great stuff.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Is a "highwayman type collar" an industry term or a TFL/Aero term?
Aero. You could also use it as a Fedora Lounge term, since most people here seem to refer to everything in reference to Aero instead of using the correct terminology. The proper term would be "shirt style collar"

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aero. You could also use it as a Fedora Lounge term, since most people here seem to refer to everything in reference to Aero instead of using the correct terminology. The proper term would be "shirt style collar"

That makes sense. I am learning. I previously referred to a Buco style jacket as having "no collar," only to subsequently read someone reference a "Mandarin collar." Thank you TFL for the education.

On the issue of terminology, and consistent with the Cafe jacket posted above, are the side pockets known as "hand warmer" pockets, or is there a more correct term?

morrison2951

Practically Family
You're more likely to hear the term "hand warmer" or side entry pockets to describe those repro A-2 jackets whose front cargo pockets have such side entry type pockets.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That looks great. Very stylish minimal look. You need the right physique for that style, and it really suits you. Great stuff.

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
Solid jacket!

A cafe racer with a shirt style collar is really a Sheene though, right? I mean, is there any more of a difference really?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner