My new aero half belt arrived!!

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by bicktrav, Mar 4, 2013.

1. majormajor

majormajor One Too Many

2. Davy Crockett

Davy Crockett A-List Customer

Great jacket! I never ever put my jackets on a hanger, just throw them on the floor, helps the break in, and adds character!

D

3. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

Great looking jacket. Need to see the back though... HalfBelt enthusiasts get hungry if they don't see the rear of the jacket... which often leades to snarkiness! LOL. As for breakin, wear it rain or shine. Drive in it whenever you can, walk or work in it if possible.

Worf

4. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

I think you'll find most people here agree to " just wear the jacket a lot" method of break in. You also have the right idea as far as "hanging the jacket up" by lying it on the floor, couch, inside closet etc..
    The jacket looks great, great fit, great style. Seems like another Plus One for using Insurrection in the US.

5. bicktrav

bicktrav New in Town

Yeah, I really can't say enough about Insurrection. They did such a good job with the jacket, and they are such nice people. Couldn't be more pleased with them.

6. I suggest getting a plastic spray bottle and fill with tap water. Spray the collar(or areas you want to shape and mold). Spray until quite wet. Shape by hand..creasing top of collar..kinda over exaggerating the curl on collar points..and let dry naturally. Then you can ease the extreme collar curl while dry..but still leave it with a more relaxed appearance rather than the stiff flat 'starched' look. This can be repeated until it lays more naturally.
    If you want to do the whole jacket..spray it quite wet...and then wear it untill dry. Repeat several times. It will mold to your body..soften and relax. If needed..take a damp soft rag and buff off any water spots. The water won't hurt the FQHH finish..but will dry to as good as new.
    I'm not too keen on walking in the rain...so this has been my process on quite a few Aero jackets.
    HD

7. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Jacket looks absolutely spot on great! Don't be in a hurry, it will age as you abuse it. You scored. Enjoy t!

8. Highwaymanman

Highwaymanman A-List Customer

Beautiful jacket... and am I right in thinking those are Corcoran jump boots?

9. schitzo

schitzo Suspended

I acquired this jacket (same size model and colour) last summer and broke it in over Autumn. It took me about 5 weeks of wearing it 5 days a week for 4 hours at a time, 3 of which were spent driving. In the other hour I wore it around the house, stretching out my arms in every conceivable direction, and with the odd burst of shadow boxing. A couple of times in that period I also got caught in showers, and I reckon the rain helped too

After those 5 weeks it was soft all over, and the leather is now completely pliable and totally comfortable to wear. So you see, it isn't that difficult!

Good luck

10. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

The key is not to baby it. Sit on it, get it wet, sleep in it (yes, it's true), throw it on the floor. Toss it in the dryer (even dry it helps to warm it up and then you can put it on - it molds to you and is easier to move in.

11. Bums_Fan

Bums_Fan New in Town

First of all, fantastic looking jacket!

If you don't mind me asking, when did you order your jacket through Insurrection? And were you told it would be ordered in their January or February allotment?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  12. too much coffee

too much coffee Practically Family

Hello bicktrav;

Bitchin' jacket man. Looks great on you.
    Boots appear to be Wolverine 1000 mile Addison, correct? They look terrific....good match with your new jacket.
    Welcome to the Lounge.

Regards,
    coffee

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  13. Vespizzare

Vespizzare A-List Customer

Congrats. Buying, other than in person, can be disappointing sometimes. In a perfect world I'd love more pix,

14. Cooperson

Cooperson One Too Many

Great looking half belt, it's a beauty! Best hide, best pattern, you cant get much better than that. Fit looks spot on, I like the slightly longer body length. Enjoy every minute of the break in, it will pass before you know it, then you'll be looking for your next jacket - once bitten, it's no good trying to fight it!

15. dash69

dash69 Familiar Face

nice!!!

16. frussell

frussell One Too Many

Excellent fit, looks perfect for you. I'm slightly jealous, as I will have to wait until the 12th when Holly gets back from a much-needed vacation to hear if my replacement jacket is coming soon or not. Frank

17. wild_balls

wild_balls Practically Family

Congratulations on your first Aero, wonder which one the SECOND will be!!! Great jacket, fit, and that awesome color!:p

Cheers Joakim

18. bicktrav

bicktrav New in Town

Started talking to Insurrection about the jacket in late October and placed the order in very early November. Was originally told that it would be ready around January, but then Aero started to experience delays (they posted about them on their website), so I quickly caught onto the fact that it was likely not going to be done by January. I contacted Insurrection about it; they mentioned that Aero was indeed behind and delivery was going to be delayed until about now. It was a very long wait, but worth every second.

19. bicktrav

bicktrav New in Town

Thanks very much! And very good eye on the boots. They are indeed Wolverines, though not Addisons. They are 721s, which are a shell cordovan version they came out with a couple years ago. They look great with the jacket!

20. jack miranda

jack miranda A-List Customer

Great looking HB, blcktrav! It fits nicely, and the brown FQHH is

crackin'. Good choices all way 'round. I agree with you about Insurrection's help with fit; they did me proud on my HB. Thanks for the pics.