Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Aero Sheene

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Perfect. First the Pegasus and now this? You should post a picture of your wife and call it "Wife of the Month." Maybe a new thread?

Dracorex

Familiar Face
I'm more of a military flight jacket kind of guy but I think this is without a doubt the nicest best fitting jacket I've ever seen on the FL. Great job!

06911s

New in Town
Fit couldn't be better. Love the belt too. Corter?

It is Corter! I was in the market for a natural vegetable tanned belt and decided on Corter over Tanner Goods due to price considerations...No regrets, more rugged compared to Tanner Goods but I like that...I am sure it will age beatifully...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Really beautiful and the fit is simply perfect.

These simpler designs look a lot better IMHO, not fussy in the slightest, just a damn nice jacket.

technovox

One Too Many
Thank you Technovox, I have to admit that your jacket influenced my order! I was looking at a Cafe Racer with a simplified back but wanted a collar...The pictures you posted on TFL made me pull the trigger. Thank you!

Glad to have been of service and a source of inspiration. Especially since so many others on this list have helped me!
And again, super good fit on your jacket- it doesn't get any better than that!

schitzo

Suspended
Really like the one-piece back - clean and minimal - looks fantastic.

a one piece back may well look clean and minimal, fantastic even, but his back has TWO pieces you doughnut!

Re the whole thing it looks not too shabby at all from here. I might have liked it a bit shorter, but that brown FQHH sure is hard to beat. I wonder, can you offer up any comparisons between it and the stuff used on your Pegasus? Weight, grain, drape, surface etc etc

Best wishes
Schitz

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
As everybody else has said, that's an awesome jacket and awesome fit!
But, what's a Sheene?
It's no where on the Aero site.
Looks like a slim fit highwayman without the adjuster belts.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
After an initial cursory look, I viewed the pics again and noted this particular pattern would be unforgiving unless the fit were perfect which appears to be the case here. I also appreciate the minimalist design of this jacket, understated elegance.

06911s

New in Town
As everybody else has said, that's an awesome jacket and awesome fit!
But, what's a Sheene?
It's no where on the Aero site.
Looks like a slim fit highwayman without the adjuster belts.
As far as I know it is a design contracted by Thurston Brothers and it is very similar to the Aero Fontana Cafe Racer but with a collar and without the shoulder gussets and with just one horizontal chest pocket. It is fully customable, Wade and Carrie from Thurston Brothers are a great resource for any specific question.

06911s

New in Town
a one piece back may well look clean and minimal, fantastic even, but his back has TWO pieces you doughnut!

Re the whole thing it looks not too shabby at all from here. I might have liked it a bit shorter, but that brown FQHH sure is hard to beat. I wonder, can you offer up any comparisons between it and the stuff used on your Pegasus? Weight, grain, drape, surface etc etc

Best wishes
Schitz
The hide in the Pegassus jacket is midweight and sourced from a tannery in Japan (as per Kevin, the owner) and the Aero leather is heavyweight and sourced from Horween in Chicago. Very different in my opinion but these are my only two horsehide jackets and my comparisson is limitted to these two. I will try to take some closeups as soon as I get some nice weather here in Ohio:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk