Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My "New" Aero....what is it?

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Are you keeping the jacket? I hope so.

I think I may. I cinched up the side straps a little and it is pretty perfect (other than the length as I was hoping for car coat length). I also like the worn in look and the sleeves are perfect. The (sleeve) length is just right and they are pretty trim. I also dig the buttons although I will probably switch them out with some horn buttons. A little HWT and it will be just right. For the price I paid, it is a helluva beater jacket and I don't feel like I have to be careful wearing it. It makes me look forward to what my Aero LHB in Brown FQHH is going to look like in a few years.

nevadapd

Familiar Face
I also think it's a short Teamster. I own a Teamster, and the yoke in the front, the half belt in back and pleats, which I don't believe the Stuart normally had, makes me think it's a Teamster. I also think it looks great on you, and although I understand you'd like it to be longer, think you'll be happy you kept it. Horn buttons sound like a good swap to me too.

Last edited:

Dav

One Too Many
Looks very much like a Teamster to me, looks good on you and a bargain too, if it's the jacket you spoke to me about recently.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Grayland, yourTeamster is only an inch or so shorter than mine and probably proportionate considering the difference in our heights. I wouldn't want my Teamster any longer, and could easily be a bit shorter. HD once said that he preferred shorter leather jackets since he didn't like sitting in a long jacket. In all honesty, I can't think of a thing to change about the dimensions of your Teamster if I were in your shoes.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Update - I've spoken with Shaul at US Authentics about relining the jacket as the red/gray wool is just too warm (and the sleeves are lined in it as well). I'm going to have him line the sleeves with a rayon-type product and I'm going to provide a light wool glen plaid material to line the body. I'm also picking up some horn buttons to replace the "football" buttons. After that, a little HWT on the collar/lapel area should make it pretty close to perfect. I've adjusted the side straps and it is pretty perfect fit-wise and still leaves enough room for a sweatshirt underneath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy