Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Akubra Stylemaster in Acorn Fawn

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Great hat, Donato. Thanks for the great pics and review, too! I echo the requests for pics on you, so as to get a better idea of the crown height and brim width, if you have the time. I've been seriously considering one of these for some time, precisely because of the slight taper to the crown. I've found that the striaght-sided crowns don't fit my face well. I've been so happy with the fit and style of my Riverina that I think I may have to pick one of these up.

Donato

One of the Regulars
DblCoronaMS said:
How much taper is there to the crown? That hat might just work for me but I'm looking for more of a straight sided crown.

Pics on your head would be most helpful.
I will try to get pics on my head when I can get someone to take them. Forget about trying to do that yourself. The crown tapers a little from front to back and sides, but it is not a high crown lid - 4.5" and 2.5" brim.

Edward

Bartender
Donato said:
I bought it from Australiadirect.com. I don't know if they actually have a Moonstone in stock but you may order one from them.
http://aussiedirect.stores.yahoo.net/akhast1.html

Other online vendors also sell the Moonstone but there is a 10-12 week wait:
http://www.everythingaustralian.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=535&ccode=1590&cat_id=2
http://www.yatesmenswear.com.au/onlineproducts/akubra/stylemaster.html
http://www.strandhatters.com.au/cache/item-4public.html?cache=no

Prices vary widely for both the Stylemaster and for shipping from Australia.

Thanks, if I can't get one from HD, I'll look into those. :)

DblCoronaMS

One of the Regulars
Colby Jack said:
Corona...have you taken a peek at the Tawny Fawn Federation....Sounds right up your alley!;)
I've been thinking that but this is a good looking hat and that red lining grabbed me! If the taper is very slight this could work.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
I looked at the liner in Deelovely's Acorn Fawn Stylemaster and it is white.[huh]

My Sydney's red, my Federation is white. Could just be luck of the draw or whatever liner fabric's handy at the time of manufacturer. Could also mean other things - when or where they were made (if they have more than one factory), where they were intended to be sold (Aussie vs. US distributors perhaps?). Who knows. And has no effect at all on the look of said lid upon your noggin.

Marty M.

Vendor
Uhh, well not yet. But stay tuned.

[Do you have a website Marty?]

I know, I know. It's way over due. I told Indy that I'll have it up and running this Spring (that's Minnesota Spring, not Florida Spring). Thanks guys.
Marty

Donato

One of the Regulars
Marty M. said:
[Do you have a website Marty?]

I know, I know. It's way over due. I told Indy that I'll have it up and running this Spring (that's Minnesota Spring, not Florida Spring). Thanks guys.
Marty
Uh, well, um...we are still waiting for your website Marty and we want to know what Akubras you sell...um...please...uh...hurry up about it will you, ole bean?!

Marty M.

Vendor
Donato said:
Uh, well, um...we are still waiting for your website Marty and we want to know what Akubras you sell...um...please...uh...hurry up about it will you, ole bean?!

Sorry 'bout that pause fella's. This was my first season with Akubra. I carried the Squatter in Fawn, the Banjo Patterson in fawn and the Sydney in charcoal and fawn. I'm very pleased with the Akubra product, and I'll continue to carry it. We also carry Lock, Christy's, Wiggens and Borsolino. Borsolino is my favorite hat. It has a lot of attitude (and a healthy price tag).
Marty

Benny Holiday

Love those Stylemasters! My first one (bought at the beginning of 1995) is a black Stylemaster with a gold liner. My others all have white liners, icluding my acorn fawn. The only time I've ever seen the red liner is on Koop Kooper's sky grey Bogart (why don;t Akubra make that colour felt any more?).

Donato

One of the Regulars
Benny Holiday said:
Love those Stylemasters! My first one (bought at the beginning of 1995) is a black Stylemaster with a gold liner. My others all have white liners, icluding my acorn fawn. The only time I've ever seen the red liner is on Koop Kooper's sky grey Bogart (why don;t Akubra make that colour felt any more?).
I know what you mean. I am beginning to think that the Stylemaster is just about the perfect hat for me. I like it as much as my Borsalino Bellagio which cost three times as much! I cannot comment about the sky grey as I have never seen it. I wonder how the Stylemaster would look with a 2" ribbon. Does anyone have any thoughts about that?

Benny Holiday

The sky grey is (was:( ) a really nice light grey. I did try a wider ribbon on an old navy Stylemaster I had, I think it was 2 inches (I'll have to measure it) but it's always looked too wide to me.

Donato

One of the Regulars
Benny Holiday said:
The sky grey is (was:( ) a really nice light grey. I did try a wider ribbon on an old navy Stylemaster I had, I think it was 2 inches (I'll have to measure it) but it's always looked too wide to me.
Nicholas (Metropd) had Gus Miller custom make a fedora that is light grey and has a 2" ribbon and I think it looks great, but the brim on his is 2 5/8" so maybe a 2" ribbon needs a wider brim. Is there any "rule" about that or is it just about personal preferences? Thanks. Here is the link to see Nicholas' fedora:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=27226

deelovely

Practically Family
I really like my Acorn Fawn Stylemaster! Even if it doesn't have a pretty red liner...:( [huh]

P1170010.jpg

BobC

I did it!

I ordered my first Akubra just a few minutes ago! I ordered a moonstone gray Stylemaster from everythingaustralian.com and requested it with a black ribbon. I had seen one on another thread here and especially liked it wth a black ribbon. Now all I have to do is wait three months for it.

carldelo

One Too Many
Hey, BobC

BobC said:
I ordered my first Akubra just a few minutes ago! I ordered a moonstone gray Stylemaster from everythingaustralian.com and requested it with a black ribbon. I had seen one on another thread here and especially liked it wth a black ribbon. Now all I have to do is wait three months for it.

Did you ever receive your Moonstone Stylemaster? I just saw that Everything Aus will have it made in my size (62) and am vacillating between Acorn Fawn as shown in this thread and Moonstone - so do you like it? Any pics? Inquiring minds want to know.

PS I'd been considering a Miller Douglas for a light colored fedora with bound brim, but am worried the 2-3/4 brim is too wide for me - the Stylemaster looks more my size...

Cheers, Carl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto