My New Eastman A-2 Jacket 27752 324th bomb squadron

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by puiyc1203, May 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. puiyc1203

puiyc1203 New in Town

hi guys,

its been a while since my last post, I still have not received my La Brea due to the covid-19. In February, I contacted Eastman looking for an A-2 leather jacket. After some research and study, I shortlisted to contract number 27752 Warhorse and 324th bomb squadron famous for memphis belle。

Fortunately Eastman has 27752 A-2 size 44 in stock, then I add the 324th bomb squadron patch on the chest, with my nametag, the 8th air force patch on the shoulder, the stigma VENI VIDI VICI, motos of 324th bomb squadron on the lining. It takes two weeks to finish the product. But I wasn't available to receive it at that time and waited until now. Meanwhile, I found the 91st group patch also very tempting, it cost 40 pounds think it worth it. The shipment is very quick, it takes three days to arrive Hong Kong from England. The total cost is around 1300 pounds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  2. puiyc1203

puiyc1203 New in Town

I am 180cm height, 83kg weight, 106cm chest, 51cm shoulder, regular workout
    I picked size 44, chest 112cm, shoulder 50cm, sleeve 60cm, length 61.5cm, (both sleeve and length without wool knit 7cm)
    it fits perfect. It is common to have some space in the chest, which is not usually the case for moto leather jacket.
    I pick 42 for Freewheelers Mulholland, La Brea (40 I felt tight on my chest), 42 for Real Mccoy Buco J-100, 42 for Bill Kelso Durable One Star, s size for cockpit A-2 sheepskin, 42 for Double Helix. For this one, 44 is perfect for me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. puiyc1203

puiyc1203 New in Town

I did some research and found some old pics for the 324th bomb squadron and A-2 jacket. I dont have the copy right for the following photos. I could delete any of these immediately upon request. Just for sharing purpose.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Benny Holiday and nick123 like this.
  4. puiyc1203

puiyc1203 New in Town

Finally I do wanna thank David from Eastman. He's a very nice person. He answered and explained a lot to my enquires regarding the size, the stigma, history, etc. The whole process is very smooth and many of my friends share the same experience. Definitely worth a try.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have three more pics found from instagram of 91st bomb group.
    I did think of replacing the 324th patch with 91st after I saw these. But the jacket looks perfect, no changes needed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Dizzy Cooke

Dizzy Cooke New in Town

That looks fantastic , great choice and it all complements together.the fit is spot on , enjoy wearing the adventure.

6. puiyc1203

puiyc1203 New in Town

Thanks! It's a really beautiful jacket

7. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

jacket looks and fits great!

8. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Brilliant jacket! Save the patch for your next A-2. :)

9. puiyc1203

puiyc1203 New in Town

Thanks
    I am looking forward to Eastman sweatin 2nd with back painting as my next a2. This patch I would probably keep it as collection:)

nick123 likes this.
  10. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

How do the forearms fit? My 1401 had really slim forearms I had to sell the jacket. Eastman is leaning towards “slim fit” for a while that no longer fit me. But I love the back profile of their A2

11. puiyc1203

puiyc1203 New in Town

My 27752 is very comfortable, normal sizing. To my understanding, 1401p is the slimmest. 23378 is quite closed to 27752, and 23382 is oversized compared to 27752. Different contract number has different cutting.

I am interested in 1401p too. I am thinking of having one too and putting on the 101st airborne wwii 506th squadron patch of band of brothers.