Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New JL

Pandemic

One Too Many
After wearing the new FL a bit, I think I will send this back to get slimmed a little. Not as much as the other jacket, but something between that and where this one currently is.

Damon was awesome when I asked if that would be ok, even though it’s really on me for not realizing the fit jacket was wider than my measurements by an inch in the torso.

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
At the end of the day, it's your jacket and you need it to fit to the way you like.
I have been considering getting my latest JL slimmed down a little too because it is a bit bulky, but the extra space just makes it so practical, like being able to sit buttoned up with my hands in pockets, but because the cxl doesn't drape there is a bit of a tin man feeling.
Anyway, yeah they're great over there.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
yes, a little waisted along the torso ) ( even when its is not body hugging, the waisted shape itself is already slim looking, and creases is more easier to set in on the waisted part and more broken-in at the waist and look better than a real tubular straight torso that's very hard/ require a lot of wear to break-in.

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
After wearing the new FL a bit, I think I will send this back to get slimmed a little. Not as much as the other jacket, but something between that and where this one currently is.

Damon was awesome when I asked if that would be ok, even though it’s really on me for not realizing the fit jacket was wider than my measurements by an inch in the torso.

I hate giving "fit" advice over the interwebs bc pictures are deceiving and only tell a partial story, but I think this is the right play. To my eyes, the jacket looks too big on you and should benefit from a little nip/tuck here/there. Hope the results are better!

Pandemic

One Too Many
I just realized I never updated this thread after I sent the jacket back for Damon to take an inch off the whole torso. The fit is perfect now. Still roomier than my FL, but I think it matches the style perfectly. Once again, an absolute pleasure working with the Johnson guys on this!
95A9658B-F0BF-4527-9A15-6ED490138780.jpeg
F95E9BAD-B0ED-487F-A1F3-A36E3A7E0E9E.jpeg
18769560-5721-4920-A2AA-0EC20F9A66E2.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Pandemic

One Too Many
Thanks all. I should have taken a pic of the stitching although it is entirely unremarkable. I was a little worried about having it taken in as I'd read a few jacket alteration stories here, but they did it perfectly. I can't speak highly enough of how great Damon and Alan are .

Gotta admit, I think I like the collar's shape as is, though I am sure it will take it's own natural shape eventually. Collar point's that curve upwards would annoy the **** out of me, but that's just my own idiosyncrasy.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I had two jackets trimmed from chest down to the hem and both came out well. I have a couple of Cal needing work that I'll take to JL next time I visit.

The collar looks great as how you wear it, I'm on the opposite end of that collar preference. I always like it kinda smiling lol

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I dunno much about jackets really … but I do know what I like, and I think that I think it looks outstanding on you. Enjoy it:)

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Is the breast pocket on the right side because you are left-handed? That pocket configuration will work while riding a motorycle, you can reach into the breast pocket while keeping a hand on the throttle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points