Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Peacoat....

PKM101

New in Town
Unfortunately it is too small for me, but in such beautiful shape...

Wife is warming to it, she finds it stylish for ladies wear...

DSC02256.jpg

DSC02379.jpg

DSC02381.jpg

DSC02382.jpg

DSC02383.jpg

DSC02384.jpg

DSC02385.jpg

DSC02386.jpg

DSC02257.jpg

illumin8em

A-List Customer
Is that a 38 by any chance? a while back i sold a few peacoats, and one in particular i have been really regretting, and missing. form the pictures this is spot on to the one i am pining over

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
Beautiful coat, if you ever want to get rid of it, (not that i would if i were you, even with the size issue) let us know!

PKM101

New in Town
WolfeMan said:
Beautiful coat, if you ever want to get rid of it, (not that i would if i were you, even with the size issue) let us know!

Thanks, I actually have it up in the classifieds, hoping for a possible trade.

Peacoat

Bartender
That is a WWII model in very good condition. To find the size, place the coat face up on a flat surface with it buttoned. Stretch it out as much as you can, smoothing the wrinkles out of both the front and back of the coat. Then let it relax. Take a measurement across the front, from directly under one armpit to directly under the other armpit.

You will get a number and a fraction. Disregard the fraction. Multiply the whole number by 2 and then subtract 2 from that number. That will give the size of the peacoat, to a reasonable degree of accuracy.

For example, if that peacoat measures 19 1/8 across the front, multiply 19 x 2 = 38. Then subtract 2 from 38, and the coat is a size 36. Simple really.

Someone who has a 36" chest would be able to wear the peacoat with enough room to layer a thick sweater underneath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace