Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My reasons not to own a Gladhatter Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I saw some hats on ebay and i sent a email to the seller asking some questions about the hats.He called me after i recieved several pages of emails on custom made hats.I must admit he was slick and my gut told me to run but i didn't. I let myself get caught up in the bull and i ordered the factory hats from him for my lady of my life and at the same time i sent money to put a sterling beaver on lay away($495.00) mind you i never picked the hat style,color shape or even the felt!! Then i found these forms here and COW.I knew then i had made a big mistake after reading his posts here and there.I cancelled the lay way then the song and dance begain!! I'm a bad person for not finishing the order Etc,etc you know the drill. The bottom line the hatter would not send my lay away money back to me.I had read nothing but good things about Optimo hats of Chicago so i called and spoke with a very nice man named Kevin and he could not believe what i shared with him.He told me to contact my visa company and file a claim, which i did. Visa told me since i had charged the hats and lay away money at the same time mail the hats back to the seller which i did at at a cost of $35.00.I was told to mail them insured with signature confirmation. I then emailed the seller and all heck broke loose threats,calls I'm sure you can guess!!.I called Kevin back at Optimo and he felt so bad for me he said Roger i would like for you to have one of our new Indy hats and for only $200.00 and if you get your refund you can pay me later the balance of $195.00. Well folks i could not believe my ears, here is a man that has never spoken to me doesn't know me yet he wants to make things right and help me get the hat i finally wanted.A quality Indy style fedora.Mind you now he could loose a couple hundred dollars on me.He told me he had heard about the goings on here and at the other site and he never believed anyone would be taken in by this hype!! He told me he was sorry and this was his way in helping his fellow man.I got this quality fedora a few days later and i'm no expert but i cryed when i saw the hat and really realized what Kevin had done for me.I haven't recieved my money back from visa as of yet.The $427.00 I had sent to Gladhatter.I know this even if i never get my money from him, i'll pay Optimo the balance and i will be a life time customer!! Do you know why? They treated me with respect and gave me the best customer service even when it wasn't there problem. I don't know if the hat is 100% whatever buts it sure is better than abuse!!!! I know its not "Bull felt"!! I'll let the forum know if i ever get my money but please tread ever so softly if you want a custom hat from this hatter. "Quote" Its easy to talk the talk but harder to walk the walk. I would like to thank the ones here who have helped me and so many others if it wasn't for your posts i would have never thought to call Optimo because i was truly blessed to find Kevin I forgot when the packages were recieved in Va. he refused them so they were sent back to me.I'll be happy to re-mail them if the Gladhatter sends me the postage. I never wanted nothing for nothing. I i just wanted a hat!!!
Best to You and yours,

Roger

Dr. J

Familiar Face
Good for you Roger! And "good for Kevin" also! What a phenomanal company Optimo is. I'm sorry that you were taken by the "Bad"Hatter. They don't call him Charlie "Swindle" for nothing! At least now we have a negative testimonial and hopefully, no one will follow suit and send him money for a hat that doesn't exist. I hope you get your money back from Visa. They're pretty thorough on such matters.

Enjoy your Optimo! They're the best!

Regards,

Dr. J

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
glad he's gone

Thanks for letting everyone know his true colors. I noticed all references to him at COW have been deleted, I take it they have probably banned him. It would probably be a good idea to repeat your experience in a post over there as many do not log on here yet. I just hope Marc doesn't get the shaft the way you did, as he has ordered a hat from him as well. Enjoy your Optimo.

fedoralover

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
SHARPETOYS,

Reading about your experience with that SOB really [Edited for content--but he's ticked off,--Matt]! I knew he was a shyster but this is far and beyond anything I figured him for. I really hope you get your money back. Nothing makes me more mad than when people [Edited for content] around with money like this.

On the flip side I'm pleased that Optimo treated you so well. I do not own one myself but all of the positive experiences with this company have me looking forward to the day I do. Congratulations on your new lid!

-Edge

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Others should know!

I am going to repeat my suggestion that your experience be posted at COW. There are 100s of viewers there and he may try to contact them by e-mail to lure them into a sale.

fedoralover

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I don't know if you guys and lady's know this, you are truly blessed to have Adam here.I'm old enough to be his dad and i would have been so proud to have him as my son.His father did a good job on raising him.The man is truly a class act that sets a good example for all of us to follow.Just my feelings!! "Feelings are neither right or wrong". They just are!!.

Roger

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by Matt Deckard
just took out a few expletives...

Until I hear otherwise form MK, colorful metaphores will be replaced with edits.

HA, HA, HA! I love your edit!

[Edited for content--but he's ticked off,--Matt]

I'll watch it from now on. Or use !@#$ing gibberish. ;)

mmarosy

One of the Regulars
As far as Gladhatter over at COW, yes, he's gone the way of the Dodo.

Roger, you may not have to post your experience yet, as a statement is going to be made and your testimony used as a warning. I've already emailed Marc to let him know of the situation, so hopefully he won't run into anything near to what you've experienced.

I'd also let your visa company know that delievery has been refused as I'm sure they'd want to intervene at that point.

Mike

Sergei

Gone Home
Originally posted by mmarosy
As far as Gladhatter over at COW, yes, he's gone the way of the Dodo.

....has been refused as I'm sure they'd want to intervene at that point.

Mike

Gladhatter,
You are now obviously reading our posts over here now, since I have seen an email that points to the above quote from Mike.

You have choices in dealing with this situation. You can continue to play the martyr, or "I am the victim" role. But in my opinion the only way to turn the situation around is to "produce". Show something. I have looked at all your posts since last August. I know things take time. But take the time to be productive and constructive. Prove your critics wrong.

But you really, really need to leave us alone for the moment. You need to stop emailing the staff at COW. You need to stop prowling here and at COW and get your business affairs in order. You need to bear down and get beyond this.

-Sergei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider