Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My redone Aero jacket just arrived.

JLStorm

Practically Family
These photos suck. I'll post better ones when I have someone to take them..I am apparently not nearly as skilled as Jan with the self photos. These were self timed shots from the back of my pickup and into the sun..oops. The other thing I realized was that the jacket looks a pretty big in these photos because I was wearing a thin tshirt, but I had the jacket cut to fit my thick fisherman sweaters that I Wear in the winter which add about 2" to my chest and 3" around my mid section and I still wanted a little extra room with the sweater on. I probably need to adjust the side tabs a little too. The colors of the leather really didnt come out in these. I'll take some photos tomorrow of the jacket itself in natural light. The leather coloration is just awesome and really didnt come through at all in these photos

3935b552.jpg

51b54c25.jpg

too much coffee

Practically Family
JL;

That's a great fit and yes, it does look better with the reduced collar. But your B-3 hybrid with the horsehide overlay is still my favorite that you have. Talk about body armor!
Great pictures man, thanks for posting and glad to hear you are happier with the redo.
Regards, coffee

JLStorm

Practically Family
JL;

That's a great fit and yes, it does look better with the reduced collar. But your B-3 hybrid with the horsehide overlay is still my favorite that you have. Talk about body armor!
Great pictures man, thanks for posting and glad to hear you are happier with the redo.
Regards, coffee

Thanks. that B3 is my absolute favorite too, its like wearing a heavy wonderful blanket. But, the temperature has to be right, especially since adding the overlay on the entire Jacket. Its going to be be in the 20s this week, so I will get to wear it. I"ll try and get some photos in that too.

JanSolo

Practically Family
JL, good to see some proper daylight pics. The jacket looks much more balanced now with good overall proportions. Great colour of the leather, too. The trick about selftimed pics is to have a fixed object close to where you are standing. (I always use that strange tree in our garden...) Otherwise the autofocus won't work and the result will be blurry. A tripod is also a good thing... Again, good looking and sort of unique Aero!

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
This new jacket was a highwayman / cheyenne cross made of extra heavy 6+ oz brown steerhide and weighs in right around 12 pounds (5.5kg) . I loved the jacket at first sight, but since the collar was so big it lost all its shape and looked a bit goofy:

This is the jacket now, after having it tapered, sheepskin lining added, and collar reduced:

After a 13 months of ownership and quite a bit of wear, it still stands up on its own

ec893154.jpg

The color and texture of the fleece is not what I expected, but much better. The fleece is very textured with really nice separation between tufts of fleece and the color is a deep grey with a hint of brown (which isnt showing very well in the photos for some reason) which will hide dirt very well.

cf94c99c.jpg

The fit of the jacket is absolutely perfect, which is loose enough to fit a sweater underneath comfortably. I could not be happier. I dont have any photos of me wearing it, but I'll post one or two soon.

Wow!! it looks fabulous, there's no hiding the quality of that jacket. Plus very unique.

slicker63

Familiar Face
JL.....Those jackets look amazing..... I have two on order.... 7 weeks till delivery... it's their busiest season ever they are quoting 11/12 weeks.... so still have time to change ...... can you tell me what hide and colour and spec is on the Highway/cheyenne...... also love the B3/ ANJ4 crossover on the 1st pic..... what hide and colour is that ??? and what parts did you use of each of the jackets to arrive at that..... would love to see a couple more pics if you have any of the front!!! imitation is the best form of flattery!!!! many thanks

JLStorm

Practically Family
For Highway / Cheyenne cross, I didnt specify a color other than brown. I asked them for the heaviest hide they could find and as long as it was brown, I didnt care what shade it was. I got the rust colored collar. The jacket is around 29.5" long and has over-sized arms so that I can wear thick sweaters without feeling like its too tight. The chest is around 49" waist is 41" after the shearling was put in. That leaves plenty of room for my really thick fisherman sweaters I wear during the winter that add 3.5" to my waist and 2.5" to my chest. I used the styling of the highwayman but the cut is that of the cheyenne.

The B3/ANJ-4 cross is B3 with the ANJ-4 waist and cuffs. Sizing is 50.5" chest and 47" waist to fit those big sweaters as well, along with over-sized arms for the same reasons. It fit perfect when I got it, I lost weight and it still fits perfectly, not sure why, but I didnt have to have it resized like I did with the other jacket. It is completely overlayed in mid-weight seal horse with an over-sized collar and a whole list of customizations. Ive included what I sent to Amanda for the specs. We did change it to a complete overlay of midweight horse rather than steerhide as noted in the photo, because they didnt have seal colored steer. The horse looks better on the B3 (IMO) than steer does. Even though Im not a huge fan of horse in general (personal reasons, nothing to do with performance), their midweight horse has a really neat smooth finish.

cd674c5b.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou