Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My three "new" Borsalinos

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks great. When you decide to change that sweat I think it will fit I bit lower on your head.
Fantastic tie too Dman

Paris7

New in Town
Dinerman said:
and last- but certainly not least is the homburg. It's really a beautiful color.
It's also from Romolo Bignotti, the same store in Venice as my fuzzy borsalino.

IMG_2751-1.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

V- sweatband from homburg
IMG_2754-1.jpg

V- sweatband from fuzzy borsalino
IMG_3125.jpg

Here's a thing, Mr "RRH" had good taste and was a busy man at Romolo Bigotti's venice hat shop. I have one of his fabulous Borselino fedora hats from there here in Paris.

Paris7

New in Town
Who was R.R.H. ? An American in Venice, but who?

Wouldn't that be interesting to know? This man had an understandable passion for a Borsalino Fedora or four that we know of and apparently he had the funds to go with the passion. His hat size was estimated to be old system 6 1/2 but he - or possibly his son? actually needed a larger size (the stretched hat sweat bands).

I'm trying to find out if Snr Romolo Bignotti's hatter's shop is still in business at merceria Saint Guilliano 732 because I'd like to replace the sweat band but only if I can have it stamped the same way.

Dinerman, your three are great! Are they in perfect condition apart from the sweat band? It looks as though (like me) your hats could do with a gentle re-size, don't try anything with the sweat band in place though.

So, who can trace these R.R.H. Romolo Bignotti Borsalino Fedoras? How many more are there out there I wonder? My guess is that R.R.H. 's estate has recently been sold. At least his hats live on!
BorsalinoFedora.JPG

Paris7

New in Town
It did!

Yes it's that one! And what a beauty it is too. It was stuck in New York for weeks before my friend made it over to Paris by which time she had fallen in love with it and wanted to keep it - some chance! The quality of the hat is wonderful so I'm very glad I set my heart on it.

I can live with the split sweat band, it is a pity though as it really is it's only fault but it would be a shame to replace it when it has stamps like that. I don't think Romolo Bignotti's hat shop exists now, I wonder what happened to the band stamps?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara