Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

x

My entire vintage hat collection will be offered for sale over the next few weeks! The 7 hats listed today are ready to be shipped. I have an additional 16 vintage hats I need to photograph. I’ll be offering the hats for sale on grailed.com soon.

Due to health reasons I’ve not been actively shopping for vintage hats for the past 1 1/2 years and I’m not sure of the dollar value of each hat. Any input from the Fedora Lounge community would be greatly appreciated!

It’s heartbreaking for me to sell these magnificent hats, but hopefully they will end up in a loving new home!

Sincerely, Liam

Panama Hat | Optimo Chicago | Ivory | 7 1/4 | Excellent Condition
Milan Hat | Optimo Chicago | Golden | 7 1/2 | Excellent Condition
Fedora Hat | Optimo Chicago | Blue | 7 1/2 | Excellent Condition
Fedora Hat | Optimo Chicago | Grey | 7 7/16 | Excellent Condition
Milan Hat | Art Fawcett | Golden | 7 3/4 | Excellent Condition
Fedora Hat | Stetson Whippet | Grey | 7 0/0 | Excellent Condition
Fedora Hat | Stetson Whippet | Grey | 6 7/8 | Excellent Condition
How much for the first two: Optimo 7 1/4 Panama and the 7 1/2 Milan?

My entire vintage hat collection will be offered
You likely won’t get a lot of help as to the valuation of your hats because you’re asking a bunch of collectors and hat flippers. eBay is your best resource for comparison. All of your hats that you have listed above size 7 appear to be Optimo and are of value. The smaller ones just don’t bring the money.

Last edited:
What happened to the Fedora Lounge I remember? Kind and knowledgeable members! WHY THE HOSTILITY?

Bipolar Disorder 1: The first step is admitting to yourself you need help. The most difficult step is asking a stranger for help! This was a mistake, I’ll delete this post!!

I've been on this site for over ten years, and the rule has always been, if you sell a hat, you throw out the price first.

No hostility, just reality. Bama gave you good advice: do some research on eBay and figure out what you want to do.

Also, there are a lot more flippers here than I ever remember, so caveat ventidor.

Last edited:
What happened to the Fedora Lounge I remember? Kind and knowledgeable members! WHY THE HOSTILITY?

Bipolar Disorder 1: The first step is admitting to yourself you need help. The most difficult step is asking a stranger for help! This was a mistake, I’ll delete this post!!
Where do you discern hostility? Have we become so fragile today that a frank, honest, forthright answer is perceived as hostile? Has it come to this? Your best bet is to list them on Ebay. It opens the hats up to the world and the world of buyers, in a fair and open auction. The world will tell you what the hats are worth.

My entire vintage hat collection will be offered for sale over the next few weeks! The 7 hats listed today are ready to be shipped. I have an additional 16 vintage hats I need to photograph. I’ll be offering the hats for sale on grailed.com soon.

Due to health reasons I’ve not been actively shopping for vintage hats for the past 1 1/2 years and I’m not sure of the dollar value of each hat. Any input from the Fedora Lounge community would be greatly appreciated!

It’s heartbreaking for me to sell these magnificent hats, but hopefully they will end up in a loving new home!

Sincerely, Liam

Panama Hat | Optimo Chicago | Ivory | 7 1/4 | Excellent Condition
Milan Hat | Optimo Chicago | Golden | 7 1/2 | Excellent Condition
Fedora Hat | Optimo Chicago | Blue | 7 1/2 | Excellent Condition
Fedora Hat | Optimo Chicago | Grey | 7 7/16 | Excellent Condition
Milan Hat | Art Fawcett | Golden | 7 3/4 | Excellent Condition
Fedora Hat | Stetson Whippet | Grey | 7 0/0 | Excellent Condition
Fedora Hat | Stetson Whippet | Grey | 6 7/8 | Excellent Condition

I sell a lot of hats and in my experience even the best modern era custom hats lose a lot of their value on the used market. You can start high and always lower the prices if they don’t sell. Grailed is a niche…I’d be shocked if you didn’t sell your hats faster and for more on eBay.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

You asked these exact same questions in 2021 and got the same answers listing your hats to be sold on ebay, this time grailed.
All 20 of your posts going back to 2016 are for mostly hats you listed on eBay.

I would say you already know how to value hats you just don’t don’t know how to value the kind membership.
But…. you definitely know how to use the lounge for your selling purposes.

Ps: your stuff’s never been available here since day one.
No hostility….just facts.
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael