Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mystery Shirts

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
In the meantime, here's another I scored last winter. Seems also to have some serious age to it. Gotta' be wool. Fairly thick and a bit scratchy if worn without an undershirt. The very faded tag reads, "Specially Hand Made and Fashioned by Elizabeth Potter". The straight cut across the bottom makes it suitable for wearing untucked as well. The buttons are almost certainly horn.

DSC_0004-2.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Well, regarding the old burgundy western one, I can't for the life of me find any place on it where I can bring myself to cut away even a small amount of fabric to burn test. It is so tightly constructed inside & out with no extra material hanging out of seams, etc. I did burn a bit of the tan thread and it smelled very organic, but that doesn't solve the 'mystery' of the main material.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Here's another that I'll put in here because I'm not sure what type of shirt to call it. Sport shirt? Work wear?

It's the kind of thing the 'cool' skaters would probably go for, but I'm keeping it.

Short, square cropped trunk with vintage plaid pattern. Untucked is the only way for this one.

Just has a bit of the '50s Bad Boy vibe to it, in my opinion. I'm not familiar with the brand. Anyone?...

DSCN3915.jpg

DSCN3917.jpg

DSCN3919.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav