Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

N-1 Deck Jacket Assistance

John_Smith

New in Town
New to the forum, please forgive any newbie blunders.
Looking for an N-1 Deck jacket.
I'm 6ft 210ish.
Size 46.
The choice is between Pike Brothers and Buzz Rickson. I will not be wearing heavy layers, but be physically active.
Things breakdown trying figure out sizing. Selvedge comes to mind....
Locally, I've only found Iron Heart branded jackets. Size XL was too big and size L fit perfectly, but for $750, i'd sooner get HH from Aero.

Thank you, John_Smith

I just picked up the pike bros N1 and it’s a really nice jacket! The alpaca is thick and fat. They are sized quite generously. I’m 5’11 210 and am wearing a medium. It’s a great jacket and I have plenty of room in mine. Highly recommend the Pike Bros version. I was tempted by the iron heart as well but just as you said that’s getting to close to leather jacket pricing for me as well.
5D1C9A37-1BC7-45E0-AEDD-3FF5E387B57C.jpeg
6F136AA5-AA64-4CD4-B1E3-946E5736A040.jpeg
7E45E84A-910C-4324-B747-E2894D6BD7EA.jpeg

breezer

Practically Family
The Pike brothers run large size wise.
I have 2 N1's.....a Houston, which is on the cheaper end of Japanese repro.....I'm 6ft and a 40 or an M, and the Houston being a 42 is really comfortable to wear, also you can lair up underneath. I think the lining is probably synthetic, but its a very comfortable warm jacket. I also have an RMC N1, with lovely alpaca wool lining. Unfortunately its a 38 and when worn with just a crew neck sweatshirt it is slim / tight fit. Of course it looks the absolute business, and it gets lots of compliments, but its just not as comfortable to wear as the Houston. In short - getting the correct size is more important than the brand! I would advise you go for a Pike Bros....

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
I have the Buzz Rickson’s heavy N-1 jacket and it’s very nice. However, it seems to run slightly large. The good news is that History Preservation Associates has measurements for each size of the jacket. Anyhow, if you go for the Buzz heavy N-1, you won’t be disappointed in the quality.

Good luck in your search!

- Ian

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
D99E59B5-12D4-4317-97F1-D3790DBDEE19.jpeg
I’ve just been waiting for an excuse to post this picture
Agree that you likely need 1 size smaller than what you are used to ordering. I found a pike bros size chart online and measure an XS. I’m no stranger to size S but i haven’t bought anything in xs since the 9th grade.

John_Smith

New in Town
I just picked up the pike bros N1 and it’s a really nice jacket! The alpaca is thick and fat. They are sized quite generously. I’m 5’11 210 and am wearing a medium. It’s a great jacket and I have plenty of room in mine. Highly recommend the Pike Bros version. I was tempted by the iron heart as well but just as you said that’s getting to close to leather jacket pricing for me as well.
View attachment 157025 View attachment 157026 View attachment 157027

Thank you, for your response.

The fit looks great and its a tremendous help.

John_Smith

New in Town
View attachment 157043 I’ve just been waiting for an excuse to post this picture
Agree that you likely need 1 size smaller than what you are used to ordering. I found a pike bros size chart online and measure an XS. I’m no stranger to size S but i haven’t bought anything in xs since the 9th grade.

That helps too. Thank you for the reply.
Nice boots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner