Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Name for this type of jacket? Safari? Travel?

sshack

A-List Customer
I found this is the corners of my closet. It's a Paul Smith heavy cotton canvas. Made in India. Bought it years ago, but am only now appreciating it. Does anyone know if this is a "type" of jacket? Haven't really seen this design since. Is it just a fashion style? I just kind of categorize it as my safari/travel jacket. It's got tons of pockets which I appreciate. Would be interested if there's a leather version. Thanks for any info!

Attachments

• 20221218_144842.jpg
    20221218_144842.jpg
    923.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 20221218_144857.jpg
    20221218_144857.jpg
    729.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 20221218_144926.jpg
    20221218_144926.jpg
    808 KB · Views: 69

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars
I found this is the corners of my closet. It's a Paul Smith heavy cotton canvas. Made in India. Bought it years ago, but am only now appreciating it. Does anyone know if this is a "type" of jacket? Haven't really seen this design since. Is it just a fashion style? I just kind of categorize it as my safari/travel jacket. It's got tons of pockets which I appreciate. Would be interested if there's a leather version. Thanks for any info!
I would call that a Barn or Chore Coat. The rear pockets are unique and reminiscent of a shooting jacket but too dang small for any birds I have ever hunted.

Mouse hunter’s jacket maybe??

sshack

A-List Customer
I would call that a Barn or Chore Coat. The rear pockets are unique and reminiscent of a shooting jacket but too dang small for any birds I have ever hunted.

Mouse hunter’s jacket maybe??
Ahh... I was wondering about those back pockets! Like, how the heck do you use them? Hunting/game pouches makes a lot of sense. For me, more like... USB Battery pockets.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Ahh... I was wondering about those back pockets! Like, how the heck do you use them? Hunting/game pouches makes a lot of sense. For me, more like... USB Battery pockets.
Haha, I use the game pocket on my mackinaw to carry around my hat/beanie and power banks as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk