Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Napa Valley MiUSA B-3 Shearling Jacket

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Hello everyone,

I purchased this jacket a couple weeks ago over eBay and thought I would share it here. It was around $30 and had a number of large white stains on the jacket, but they came off after a couple attempts. There are still a few spots that I need to work on, but I think they'll come out. There are also some punctures in the leather itself on the back of the jacket, which I probably won't be able to improve. Ultimately, I will probably try to flip the jacket, although it may take awhile to sell a shearling jacket.

In terms of design, it seems to contain many of the typical B-3 elements. It's a black/black color design instead of the traditional brown/cream, however. It has two collar buckles, as well as waist adjustment straps on the sides. The shearling runs through the entire jacket. I did notice that there is a zipper underneath the collar, so there was probably some sort of hood that was lost over the years. The main zipper is a YKK zipper.

One thing I'm not really sure about is the leather. It is very soft. It also appears to have "worn off" slightly, if you see the last image in the album below. I don't think it is faux leather because the jacket does seem relatively old. It feels like it would be a terrible waste to use full shearling lining on a synthetic leather jacket. The soft leather could potentially explain how the leather acquired some small gouges in the back (Second to last picture).

Anyway, here are some pictures. If anyone has any info they could add, I would love to hear about it. From some brief googling, I've learned that Napa Valley (The location, not the company ) was a popular destination for many shearling companies (Sawyer of Napa, Napa Valley, Matterhorn of Napa, and a variety of other shearling companies I've seen).

tXu0zfX.jpg

yvRM3RG.jpg

KcSCc2p.jpg

RLkCWVV.jpg

JOoQ5vP.jpg

r0b38hK.jpg

1ylvUnM.jpg

8k0CX5q.jpg

ePEyYhD.jpg

GZxTSp4.jpg

oyaU1ux.jpg

Forum statistics