Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nasal snuff

Irish4

Familiar Face
How many of you are truly old skool and use fine nasal snuff?.If so,what brand or flavor are you using and how often through out the day do you sniff your snuff?

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
The best I've had is from Poschl-Tabak . . . The Ozona President's Snuff is my favorite . . . after that I'd have to go with Gletscherprise Snuff. Packard's Club Snuff is a close third.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
I've used it from time to time, I do have a snuff box.The best one I have had is rose, which I know may be a bit flouncy but there we go. The strawberry is not great.

I've been to a couple of events in London where they had a "free snuff bar" with about two dozen varsities on offer.

I remember when the smoking ban came in the UK it was predicted by some that snuff would have a revival, I'm not sure it has really.

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
Irish4 said:
Cigarman thats great and I am glad to see that you know and visit Poschl Tabak.

Well, luckily we sell it at the tobacco shop I work at so I've had opportunities to try all of their products.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
A couple of snaps of my own snuff box.

snuff1b.jpg

snuff2b.jpg

Geesie

Practically Family
So does anyone know if snuff is becoming a "hip" thing? A friend of mine a few states away has started taking snuff. He's not a 'vintage' sort of guy at all, but he does live in hipster-effect radius of a major university.

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is a trend like clove cigarettes or if it's just him?

shortbow

Practically Family
I tried it in the past, can't remember the brand, but it was a type that I think is referred to as "high dry toast." It was a dry, very fine powder and even snuffing lightly it would hit the back of my throat, which I gather is poor form. I have thought about trying to track down a moister, beginners type but am not convinced that it does not to some extent infiltrate the lungs, which as an asthmatic would not be good. I remember reading that it is considered as a comparatively safe way to take vitamin N, but would like to hear if any of you aficionados know more about the health aspect. Sometimes one is just not in a situation where the pipe is possible, snuff would be really convenient and out of the ken of the tobacco fascists.

TheLimey

Familiar Face
Geesie said:
So does anyone know if snuff is becoming a "hip" thing? A friend of mine a few states away has started taking snuff. He's not a 'vintage' sort of guy at all, but he does live in hipster-effect radius of a major university.

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is a trend like clove cigarettes or if it's just him?

Here in Germany they tried to promote snuff as a hip thing when the smoking ban came into effect.
I tried it but didn't find the experience even closely as pleasant as smoking. Added to that was the fact that it leaves a quite nasty residue in the nose (I don't mind the tar in my lungs...) and that eveybody here automatically assumes you are taking cocain.
It's still very popular in Bavaria.

LordBest

Practically Family
I just recieved my first shipment of snuff, enjoying it so far despite the sneezes. I have the following snuff:
Fribourg & Treyer Princes Snuff - I've tried this one, delightful stuff.
Molens Prins Regent - Interesting, quite perfumed.
Poshel's Gletscherprise - Remiscent of Vicks vapor rub, clears ones sinuses with almost unwelcome efficiency.
Wilsons of Sharrow Gold Label - Very, very fine, I felt it was a bit similar in aroma to the Prins Regent snuff.
Aecht altbayerischer Schmalzer Bernard Snuff - I thought this one had a distinct aroma of chocolate. I enjoyed that.
Kendal Ambassador Snuff - This one really made me sneeze, quite perfumed with medicinal overtones.
Poschl Tabak President Snuff - Very similar to the Gletsherprise, easy to enjoy.

Thus far the Fribourg & Treyer Princes snuff is my favourite, followed by Gletscherprise. Sneezing a lot less now.

Glad I decided to take up snuff, I am finding it very enjoyable.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
TheLimey said:
Here in Germany they tried to promote snuff as a hip thing when the smoking ban came into effect.
I tried it but didn't find the experience even closely as pleasant as smoking. Added to that was the fact that it leaves a quite nasty residue in the nose (I don't mind the tar in my lungs...) and that eveybody here automatically assumes you are taking cocain.
It's still very popular in Bavaria.

Yes, I'd heard the same thing in the UK when the smoking ban came into affect. People just seem to prefer standing outside and with gloves that have an in built hole for your cigarette to go through, the even the cold doesn't need to bother you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran