Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Natal Natel 44 Long Cafe Racer Style Motorcycle Jacket

NatalJacketGuy

New in Town
I purchased this Jacket brand new at a motorcycle swap meet in Connecticut in either 1994 or 1995 from Natal who had set up a both there. I am the original owner and it has never been worn by anyone else.

At the time of purchase I was the typical clueless Wilsons Leather Jacket wearer, until I saw this beauty and picket it up. After feeling the weight of it, and the fit when I put it on, I paid them a nice chunk of money to acquire it.

My motorcycle days are long behind me, but I was always reluctant to sell this Jacket as I knew how irreplaceable it was to me. For many many many years I looked at it every time I opened my closet door to get something out.

Well I'm getting up there in age, and my wife and I are in the process of moving, so I'm getting to the point in life where I don't want her to have to deal with all my stuff if anything were ever to happen to me. I never thought I would ever sell this, but as I'm going thru things I haven't used in 10-20 years, I figured its time to let it go to someone who can hopefully get many more years of use from it.

As I'm selling some of my things and doing some research, imagine my surprise as I stumbled upon this website which seems to have some members that are familiar with this brand and the quality of the jackets they made. So I figured I'd post it up here for sale to give members first crack at getting it before I put it up somewhere else.

I'd much rather sell this Jacket to someone who like me, appreciates it for what it is.

I'll try to include some measurements that I did to the best of my ability, but its not easy measuring something that's soft and moveable.

Measurements done on the front:

Armpit (on the bottom of sleeve where it attaches to jacket body) to end of sleeve - 19 inches

Top of arm (where it attaches to jacket body) to end of sleeve - 27 inches

Armpit to armpit (from jacket body seam going from armpit to bottom of jacket) - 23 inches

Shoulder to shoulder (where arm attaches to jacket on top) - 20 inches

Front of jacket (top of collar above the snap) to bottom of jacket - 25 inches

Measurements done on the rear:

Top of collar to bottom of jacket - 28 1/2 inches

Jacket weighs 5 lbs 13 ounces on my postal scale

Pictures attached with minor issues (dime shown for scale) in the last 4 photos which I will describe:

Inside of left sleeve end (picture where you can see my thumb) had some fraying of the inside liner where my girlfriend at the time used thread to sew it up about an inch long. Many people wouldn't even notice this but I'm not the kind of person who wouldn't point it out. I included the a picture of the inside of the other sleeve which is the one without my thumb.

Right arm sleeve about 2 inches above zipper at and of sleeve (almost right next to arm seam stitching) has faint white speck of something. Again many people might never notice it but I found it going over jacket.

There are 4 little specks (not sure what else to call them) on the right front breast area

There is 1 speck on left arm elbow area

If you have any questions I'll be more than happy to answer.

I've been mailing a lot of things lately so am familiar with how much shipping costs have gone up.

Price:

$350 shipping anywhere in the continental USA
Not interested in shipping it outside the USA

If you can come and pick it up to save me the time and aggravation of boxing it up an shipping it, the cost is $300

Thanks

IMG_4904.JPG
IMG_4907.JPG
IMG_4895.JPG
IMG_4885.JPG
IMG_4905.JPG
IMG_4892.JPG
IMG_4891.JPG
IMG_4898.JPG
IMG_4908.JPG
IMG_4909.JPG
IMG_4904.JPG
IMG_4907.JPG
IMG_4895.JPG
IMG_4885.JPG
IMG_4905.JPG
IMG_4892.JPG
IMG_4891.JPG
IMG_4898.JPG
IMG_4908.JPG
IMG_4909.JPG

NatalJacketGuy

New in Town
More pictures

Attachments

• IMG_4886.JPG
    IMG_4886.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_4893.JPG
    IMG_4893.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_4894.JPG
    IMG_4894.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_4896.JPG
    IMG_4896.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_4899.JPG
    IMG_4899.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_4900.JPG
    IMG_4900.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_4897.JPG
    IMG_4897.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_4906.JPG
    IMG_4906.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 272

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Do you know much about the company at all? Where they were headquartered, what years they were in operation, what kind of leather they used, or anything else that would be of interest? I've always wondered how much their jackets sold for new.

NatalJacketGuy

New in Town
Unfortunately all I can remember is seeing them have a booth set up at a couple of swap meets I went to in the mid 90's in the Connecticut Rhode Island areas. Don't have any more from the purchase than just the jacket, as any receipt that I might have gotten with it was thrown out long ago.

Shopping Malls still had somewhat of a presence, and Wilson Leather were in a couple malls not far from where I lived. Not knowing any better and buying jackets from them, it was a far stretch to pay twice as much to get a jacket from Natal. But the quality difference is obvious of course.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Unfortunately all I can remember is seeing them have a booth set up at a couple of swap meets I went to in the mid 90's in the Connecticut Rhode Island areas. Don't have any more from the purchase than just the jacket, as any receipt that I might have gotten with it was thrown out long ago.

Shopping Malls still had somewhat of a presence, and Wilson Leather were in a couple malls not far from where I lived. Not knowing any better and buying jackets from them, it was a far stretch to pay twice as much to get a jacket from Natal. But the quality difference is obvious of course.

I imagine that in the 1990s a Wilson jacket probably cost around $200 or so, which would put Natal in the neighborhood of $400? Does that sound approximately right?

NatalJacketGuy

New in Town
I would say that is probably in the ball park. Don't forget factoring in inflation a $350 Natal Jacket in 1995 would be a little over $600 in todays dollars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points