Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Natty Shirts Fabrics and Reviews

Vic_H

New in Town
Hello all,
I wanna start by saying that his is my first post here, and how very happy I am to have found somewhere that celebrates the fashions and way of life of the past. I've been lurking around, learning what I can, enjoying whatever interesting posts I can find... And my, are you all a wondrous source of information. Here's to even more learning in the future.

Anyways, I'm writing this to try and find individuals who have had any dealings with natty shirts. Most particularly, I'd like to know which fabrics of theirs you find appealing, and, if any of you have bought a shirt with their spear point collar design, whether or not you found it satisfactory. Any photos would be well appreciated! Thank you.

Dreamofgilgamesh

A-List Customer
Hi, yes i have several Natty Shirts and I’m pleased with all of them, once I’d got my size right. Personally i prefer the thick fabrics, but that’s just me of course. Their spearpoint collars go by the name of "Savvy Journalist" just ask for that in the options section. I also have a couple of Luxire shirts, which to be honest are far nicer (but more expensive)
Oh, and welcome to the Fedora Lounge.

safetyfast

One of the Regulars
I tried to deal with them. They sent a series of four shirts and despite my instructions on why each didn't fit complete with photos, they never got it right. So, I cancelled my order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Musher

One of the Regulars
I like Natty. I ordered 6 shirts from them in 2016 and 3 this year. The shirt in my profile pic is from them. Most of the shirts I bought from them had club collars although a few had wide collars.

Last edited:

Musher

One of the Regulars
Here is another Natty shirt. Italian fabric.

Attachments

• 21199702_10203807209377653_1072699189790520391_o.jpg
    21199702_10203807209377653_1072699189790520391_o.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 896

Doc Smith

Familiar Face
I just got 6 shirts in a modified Savvy Journalist cut (spearpoint with a tab closure, to lift the tie a bit): 3 in the basic white, and 3 in a similarly-thin sky blue. The base white fabric is a little stiff, as if it was given a non-iron treatment at some point; the blue fabric is a little softer, and wrinkles more out of the washer. I've never had a custom-fit shirt before, and was really pleased to get something that fits for less than standard price from one of the usual catalogues. They've been fine for early fall wear with my work suits, and I'll probably add some new shirts in higher-quality fabric as they wear out and/or my dimensions change.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Natty shirts's customer service to be honest, does not inspire confidence. I had good experience with them earlier this year, two shirts, both came out fine. However, their lack of human presence really bothers me. Here are some gripes:
1. the order confirmation email is not sent immediately
2. their emails all end up in my junk box
3. nobody answers their phone, as if it's just a robot in the US that takes orders
4. their online "my size" page doens't function well, i can't get to input my bicep measurement for example.
5. most annoying of all, they alerted me that my previous measurements were quite different than mynew order so they wanted to double check, but the figures they gave make no sense. My yoke was 26?? my length was 36? now my yoke is 22? I went to My Account to check my previoius orders, nowhere does it say 26 or 36. Now due to failing to see their reminder emails, they may have already started production (according to the new measures, which should be fine, because the previous measures just are wrong).

Apollo

Familiar Face
Good day

Does anyone have any photos of the natty shirts spearpoints? I was wondering if you can share your spear point collars, I am interested in seeing what it looks like. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ