Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Natural" Aero Highwayman Size 44

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Aero often make 'try out' jackets in various hides, some I like, others not so keen on.
Despite what the vendor says I dont know what this colour will age like. Not for me I'm afraid.
J

mattp

One of the Regulars
I think this hide would look better as a Cafe Racer, which can be a bit more out there (just look at the stuff Langlitz make for the Japanese market!) compared to the Highwayman.
I've got a natural horsehide wallet that started out that colour, and is now a beautiful golden brown; with a bit of sun and wear, and possibly some oiling, this jacket could look amazing. The problem is wearing it until it gets to that point! Interesting though, and in terms of developing patina you can't beat natural leather.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
I like it. Looks like the same stuff as they make the "Summer Half Belt" from... I can see it being less popular than the dyed leathers, but I do like it.

jksu

Familiar Face
would love to see it worn! depending on the person and outfit, some can definitely pull it off. it's almost white so i wonder if it would be a pain to keep clean especially if you ride or even day to day wear...

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
That would be my concern as well. I'm certain it would age nicely, but I'd have it all stained up before it ever got a chance to age.

Graemsay

Practically Family
That's a nice jacket, Holly.

If the leather does age down to a golden colour then it'll be a very interesting option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner