Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy A-1 jacket zipper pull ...

ronbo

Familiar Face
Hi All - I have a 1965 Navy A-1 Extreme Cold Weather jacket that is in amazing original condition. Even no wear on the OD green painting green snap tops. But it is missing the OD green heavy canvas style zipper pull. Just a strip of cloth looped through the metal end. Does anyone have a source for this heavy duty material or pull? My jacket and a pic of a complete zipper here. Thanks ...
000aA-1jacket.jpg
5643480203754f7c7dc40c5fc4b8ad19--briefs-vintage-clothing.jpg

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
wow, looks like It's never been washed even!! That one I'd put in a box and keep it stashed and find a beat up 'project' jacket to wear and fix and sew up or wear on a rainy day.

Someone else maybe needed that part and took it from this Jacket for their own one? who knows.

Try a duffel bag at a surplus... you can find one for the price of a whole new zipper probably...sleeping bags are harder to find, pricey and might not have those matching pulls but I swear my old army Sleeping bag had that exact one, find one on a different Jacket somewhere...they're around.

It might take awhile to find that exact part itself, you might have to buy a whole 'new old stock' zipper itself just for the part.

I'm working on a project Navy Deck Jacket like this one!! I love it!

Mine has got those Wool knit cuffs inside the sleeve, but need some 'darning' ..new buttons new zipper, lots of fun!

You can improvise something unconventional for a zipper pull in the meantime. Para-cord is fine, you might have to recycle the material from an old military bag.

The Material from an old worn out Zipper (the Cotton 'tape')

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui